American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced Marketing Operations and Events Manager to join to our Marketing department. The purpose of this position is to develop, manage and execute effective and integrated events to drive brand awareness and demand for American Specialty Health, Inc. This includes internal and external events that drive employee engagement, client and member loyalty, prospective customer consideration. This position is responsible for budget management and/or support and other marketing operational needs.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Event planning and management.
- Supports internal and external customers by leading events that optimize an end-to-end customer experience, from initial awareness and communications to the at-eventexperience (activities, food and beverage, entertainment, space-planning, audio-visual support, white-glove service) to post-event follow-up.
- Develops and manages planning tools: budget tracking, project plan and timeline, event specifications, meeting agendas, meeting notes.
- Continuously improves event-planning processes: Lead project de-briefs (documenting outcomes, attendee feedback, lessons learned) and reconcile eventbudgets.
- Proactively leads the development of the annual events-planning calendar, collaborating with Executive Administrators, Human Resources, and Facilities leads.
- Identifies new event and sponsorship opportunities for American Specialty Health in support of the brand and/or key products.
- Manages annual corporate awards process and event.
- Assist other departments with events consulting and support, for events that they may lead.
- Negotiates corporate hotel contracts and the event rooming process.
- Budget and other Marketing Operations management
- Manages marketing department budget, ensuring all expenses are tracked in a timely manner and reporting is available on-demand to the Marketing Vice President. Manage centrally-billed department purchases on behalf of the marketing department. Lead the annual and mid-yearbudget review for the Marketing VP and her staff.
- Ensures that Corporate Presentations Specialists are efficient and effective in supporting internal customer needs, which may include live and pre-recorded presentations, template upgrades, embedded video, and other compelling tactics.
- Trains and coaches staff through every day and stretch projects; prioritizes workloads.
- Takes responsibility to drive employee engagement. Collaborates closely with Human Resources to gain insights and share ideas for enhancing our employee experience.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or related field.
- Meeting planning, conference and event management background. Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities—training or certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in event and conference planning, and event marketing, in a fast-paced environment with shifts in strategic priorities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with budget management, tracking and reporting.
- 3-5 years of experience as a manager.
- Experience working with executive-level management.
- Experience in health care, corporate wellness or corporate fitness industries a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Access a plus.
- Ability to lead manage and execute company events from concept and creative brief to vendor contracting, on-site set-up and tear-down, issue resolution, budget management, and cross-departmental eventsupport.
- Effective meeting management skills and ability to influence collaborative outcomes that serve the business. Maintains a professional, enthusiastic demeanor with colleagues, clients, vendors, internal customers and management when planning and executing events.
- Highly detail-oriented with superb organizational skills. Able to manage many projects and events simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time. Ability to travel to event sites across the United States.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility, to drive and travel by air. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and participate in event set-up and tear-down.