Manager, Marketing Insights
Frontier is looking for a highly collaborative, well-organized, telecom-savvy and analytical individual who is interested in joining our fast-paced consumer needs and insights team, focusing on market research. This individual will be primarily responsible for managing and leading market research studies with vendors and translating outputs into actionable insights, while coordinating, attending and sometimes leading project calls with cross-functional teams.
Specific duties will include:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and execute qualitative and quantitative market research plans.
- Manage market research studies including project objectives, design, budget, vendor selection and management, data analysis and interpretation.
- Manage procurement processes and relationships with agencies and research vendors.
- Able to secure resources, align priorities and achieve consensus.
- Able to drive best performance out of suppliers while keeping projects within budget and on time.
- Manage and update research learning agenda annually.
- Communicate in a way that is easily understood and visually compelling, persuading partners to turn insight into action and actively work to influence the adoption of the recommendations.
- Identify and frame key business issues needing further research and align relevant team members on the objectives, research approaches, and recommendations.
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Keeps abreast of key market events and works to understand potential impact.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight-driven to uncover important unmet needs.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Telecommunications experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related.
- MA / Msc or MBA or higher degree is advantageous but not essential.
- Background in data analytics and market research, preferable in Consumer Electronics, Telecoms, FMCG, Software / Internet, or analytical consulting firms
- Hands-on experience in a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Track record of extracting key insights and translating them into workable recommendations
- Strong analytic skills - able to synthesize, identify a coherent narrative and communicate clear findings from multiple, sometimes incomplete, data sources
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to navigate complex organization structures and influence accordingly
- Previous success in an insights role within a B2C environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Bring a desire to learn, innovate, and to challenge yourself for the benefit of Frontier’s business and customers.
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate insights into actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in project management, including effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Excellent persuasive and tactful communications skills, both written and verbal, and interdependent partnering skills
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced and evolving environment