Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and will be based in San Francisco, CA. S/he will be responsible for developing strategies, building operations, and implementing integrated marketing programs to drive growth for the business, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Creative, Product, and Merchandising. This role will be focused on growing the brand, systems, best practices, and challenging current ways of working in the spirit of progress.
• Support the development of strategic marketing plans to aggressively meet business goals
• Take point on strategic marketing projects, ensuring clarity in strategy, planning and execution, roles and responsibilities, objectives and KPIs
• Manage Key Brand Sponsorships/Partnerships
• Complete ownership of the brand’s social media influencer program
• Manage strategic direction for digital advertising
• Lead the strategic vision for online advertising and work closely with the web team to ensure how we show up as a brand is consistent and aligns to the overall brand vision.
• Support execution and amplification across performance, brand, content, social, experiential and media campaigns
• Support monthly, quarterly and annual planning and reporting
• Analyze data at a granular level, summarize concisely and report out key learnings. Distill trends from raw data.
• 5+ years of work experience in brand or performance marketing in the consumer/internet / retail space. Technology or lifestyle brands highly encouraged.
• Proficiency in media (platforms and channels on and offline, market and industry trends, SEO/SEM/online media), social (organic and paid, content), experiential, advertising & content (channel agnostic creative strategy, production of various formats, best practice), measurement (analytics and benchmarks), and community/passion-point based marketing
• Experience building a brand’s integrated marketing presence with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects – across digital marketing, performance, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships – that set the benchmark for creative excellence.
• An integrated marketing mindset, passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written, with sound experience in brand, performance, and creative strategy, an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online, and between paid, earned and owned channels.
Who Will Succeed In This Role?
• You have a passion for building, and challenging if something could be done in a better way
• You have excellent writing skills and a keen visual sense. An eye for detail and a quick wit
• You have strong budget and project management skills, coupled with an attention to
• detail and communication skills
• You're a natural collaborator and pride yourself in your bridge-building skills
• You have an ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels – a hands on team player
• You pride yourself in your ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in
• priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.