Summary: Develops strategic brand plan and ensures plan is translated into an effective annual plan. Leads the cross-functional brand management process including the development of brand positioning, concept development, targeting, segmentation, market research, and other marketing activities to ensure brand success. Communicates clear goals and objectives throughout the corporation to ensure timely and quality results; includes frequent oral and written communication with divisional and corporate management in order to gain support for the brand plan; advises management of identified opportunities or problems as they occur and their potential impact on corporate objective.
Accountable for the revenues and expenses of assigned brands
- Develops quarterly and annual sales forecasts, managing operating plan budget and expenses and bottom-line profitability to include pricing recommendations to management
- Presents annual brand plan to Senior Management
- Assist in the formulation of key training programs for sales representatives
- Maintain contact with the field force, attending sales meetings and working with field sales management to ensure marketing activities and sales needs are fully aligned
- Takes ownership for key customers of the brand
- Represent the company at industry seminars, conferences and congresses
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or in life science; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- 4+ years of US product/account management experience.
- Launch experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in meeting financial objectives and increasing profitability
- Marketing experience in marketing strategy, product positioning, pricing, budgeting, forecasting, marketing research professional education, advertising and sales deployment.
- Previous completion of at least two marketing plan cycles
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel frequently (20-35%) domestic and international