The Marketing Creative Operations Manager is a key leader in the Brand & Creative team within the Brand & Marketing division and is responsible for overseeing and managing the department’s workflow, capacity planning for internal/external resources, traffic management, end-to-end process effectiveness, project management, creative and archiving technology and business operations with maximum efficiency. This leadership role partners with internal and external creative, media production, archive, compliance and brand leadership, to oversee and optimize department operations across all key intersection points with multiple areas and all levels of leadership throughout the company and with outside partner agencies, vendors and contractors. This position is responsible for identifying opportunities and executing upon improved and enhanced automation, productivity, cost savings and world-class creative execution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Operational Systems and Cadence/Process Leadership (50%)
- Identifies opportunities and areas of improvement to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness across all touchpoints and business areas impacted, both internally and externally; thereby, building, managing and analyzing operational changes based on analysis of processes and departmental data and needs.
- Recognizes, implements and manages systems, technology and digital asset management of creative assets, developed both internally and externally, and necessary to successfully maintain operations of an internal creative team that also leverages external creative individuals or agencies.
- Serves as owner of reporting and metrics related to time-tracking, project management, team capacity, workflow effectiveness, tiering, cycle times, traffic, expenses, budgets and other relevant data.
- Facilitates maintenance of centralized records of creative asset edits and approvals for tracking, filing, business and/or legal review purposes.
- Advocates for and partners with IT on technology needed to support the Brand & Creative team and/or gain efficiencies, including management of vendor relationships of department systems.
- Identifies when and where to align and partner with other business areas based on needs.
- Leads development of objectives, strategy and requirements required for estimating, reporting, program planning and financial management.
Business Partner and Team Relationships (30%)
- Leads, influences and grows a high-performing operations team and culture; selects, develops, coaches, rewards/recognizes team members for applying their expertise to strengthen and protect our brand. Nurtures a positive, energetic, collaborative and creative environment.
- Viewed as a Creative Operations SME; builds strong and trusted relationships with business leadership. Leads team to partner with internal and external business partners to deliver great experiences with our business area, from start to finish.
- Fosters strong relationships with Brand, Creative and Multi-Media leaders to ensure operations team is supporting department strategies, and business partner needs.
- Educates clients and team on cost and/or time savings opportunities.
- Develops and manages learning and development roadmap for department. Develops feedback strategy and facilitates plan; reviews and addresses client feedback scores with department leadership and teams; improves upon collection method and detail.
Resource Management (20%)
- Thinks strategically, analyzes and forecasts demand and capacity to support general workload and surge volumes, establishing relationships with external vendors and temp staff as needed.
- Manages department temp staffing budget and works with department leaders to analyze need and assign and manage resourcing.
- Oversees large initiatives (both client and internal), allocating and aligning with partners as needed. Contributes to the annual business partner planning process, providing information on historic use of resources to aid in planning/budgeting/allocations.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or higher in marketing, communications, journalism, marketing, design or related field.
- 8+ year’s experience in creative, marketing, communications (internal or external) in a management and/or operations role.
- Experience in team leadership, building skills; managing and motivating teams.
- Thorough knowledge of the creative development and production process for all mediums.
- Experience working collaboratively and influentially with senior management, cross functional teams and individuals across the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to serve as effective speaker and corporate representative on Brand Creative Group operations.
- Experience with automated workflow tools, Workamajig preferred and DAM systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Adobe Acrobat preferred).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Other Critical Factors
- Strategic, strong process, critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Ability to effectively oversee and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a high-work volume, quick-turnaround demanding environment.
- Motivated, high capacity self-starter with strong attention to detail with ability and flexibility to thrive with change and ambiguity.
- Able to travel once a month (minimum) or as program needs arise.