The NTW Manager of Marketing and Community Relations manages all Houston Methodist Hospital marketing and community relations activities of assigned entity. The NTW Manager is responsible for ensuring marketing and communication strategies and tactics support the hospital strategic plan and are in alignment with overall system marketing strategy. Works collaboratively with the hospital leadership and corporate marketing team in the development and implementation of marketing plans to build consumer preference for the local hospital brand and to drive priority service lines to help achieve volume and preference targets. Responsible for the planning and production of all components of marketing campaigns and activities including advertising, publications, media relations, brand management, and public relations of assigned entity.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30 %
1. Serves as the primary contact for contract design and writing resources, corporate creative services, media representatives and other external marketing suppliers, as well as HM corporate marketing and communication team. (EF)
2. In collaboration with hospital leadership, employed and aligned physicians as well as HM corporate marketing, leads the development of hospital service line marketing and communication plans that build consumer preference for hospital services and achieve volume targets.(EF)
3. Creates and promotes a satisfying work environment by developing and motivating staff to achieve goals. Provides timely feedback and follow up on employee concerns and recommendations. (EF)
SERVICE ¿ 30%
1. Evaluates marketing plans and campaign results for success. (EF)
2. Responsible for the creation and enhancement of editorial content for the hospital website, intranet, e-communications and publications, including Leading Medicine in hospital geography. Writes and edits articles as needed. (EF)
3. Partners with hospital and clinical leadership team as well as corporate PR on the management of corporate communications, including press release writing/distribution. May serve as Public Information Officer in event of media crises, collaborating with corporate PR to communicate approved messages to media.
4. Plans and implements internal communication efforts including CEO communications and internal events. (EF)
5. Leads, manages and participates in the planning and implementation of community and/or consumer events, including health fairs, seminars, outreach events, open house events, chamber activities and other hospital events. Also represents hospital through active participation and engagement in community events. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10 %
1. Ensures all entity marketing and communication efforts are in alignment with System brand, communication and digital strategies through ongoing communication and engagement with Corporate Marketing.
FINANCE - 20 %
1. Develops annual marketing plan and budget recommendations. Manages approved expenses within budget . Meets or exceeds all project deadlines (EF)
2. Supports business development through the development of sales support collateral, promotional items and other marketing material support to drive physician referrals and hospital volume.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
1. Serves as a thought leader by recommending to Marketing Leadership Team new and effective data driven insights to engage and market to target consumers/patients.
2. Leverages and enhances existing marketing materials and programs to support assigned entity.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelors degree in marketing, business, journalism, public relations or related field is required. Masters degree or working towards a Masters degree is preferred.
o Eight years experience in marketing and communications required.
o For internal candidates: 6 years experience in marketing and communications is required if three years have been with Houston Methodist in a marketing and communications role.
o Health care experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Ability to effectively lead and manage employees within the marketing department, as well as outside vendors, designers and interns.
o Ability to exercise sound judgment in dealing with sensitive/confidential information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Ref # 42165