The Partnership is looking for a communications practitioner, specializing in developing and executing marketing and communications strategies designed to enhance the positioning of the Greater Houston Partnership’s brand, program offerings, projects and initiatives across several divisions including Member Engagement, Public Policy.
If you thrive in executing a high volume of project driven marketing and communications channels to support the broader strategy, this is the position for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic marketing and communications campaigns across several divisions of the Partnership (Member Engagement and Public Policy) to increase awareness of the organization and our programming/initiatives; elevate the organization’s reputation throughout the 12-county region.
- Lead the development and execution of all Member Engagement email marketing initiatives including but not limited to events, programs, member retention, and member acquisition – integrating holistically into all Member Engagement campaigns, as necessary. With email marketing being a key part of the Partnership’s current marketing strategy, the manager will be responsible for driving these efforts as a core function of the position.
- Utilize business data systems to tailor email campaigns and drive lead opportunities that advance strategic marketing objectives driving membership, event (tickets and sponsorship) and special campaign revenues.
- Support ongoing efforts to measure, analyze, test, and optimize digital communication campaigns.
- Partner with the Digital, Content and Creative team to coordinate the planning and creation of content marketing initiatives focused on increasing traffic, engagement and leads that positively-position the work of the organization and drive revenue.
- Develop social media campaigns to support and advance our efforts in promoting GHP initiatives, departments, and its brand, in collaboration with Digital Content and Creative team.
- Work with Membership Engagement and Public Policy divisions to ensure that specific marketing campaigns support/complement current and future division goals.
- Assist with the development of executive communications pieces including speeches, remarks, emails, letters and presentations for CEO, senior leadership and board members. Work in conjunction with Executive Office to coordinate schedule and ensure on-time delivery of remarks. Participate in executive briefings with the CEO, board members, etc. as necessary.
- Support the marketing and communications activities of the Partnership’s affiliate organization, Center for Houston’s Future.
- Track success metrics for all campaigns.
- Guide deliverables through the organization’s routing/review process.
- Effectively interface with project manager, internal and/or external graphic designers, digital media specialists, and project teams.
- Work with confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success
- Energetic and passionate about Houston.
- Excellent writing and speaking ability.
- An aptitude for selling ideas.
- Excellent written communications skills required; composition, writing, grammar, and spelling.
- Experience in project management; ability to work in a high-volume communications environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds.
- Possess a proven track record which demonstrates public relations and business-to-business marketing skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of the local and global economy, the private sector business community and government at local, state and federal levels.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standard
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Professional appearance.
- Collaborative both internally and externally; works with others to achieve common goals
- Advanced level proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Nimble/Flexible to work some overtime and/or work on additional projects, as necessary.
Behavioral Competencies- Attributes, Behaviors, and Characteristics (ABC’s)
Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests
Exceptional Communications- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing; Can write prose with proper grammar and syntax; listens actively; builds trust; uses the appropriate media for the situation; knows what and when to communicate to a particular audience.
Collaborative - Builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals; respectful; forms teams; gets to “yes”
Accountable- willing to be judged; takes ownership; makes decisions; overcomes obstacles; takes initiative and finishes a job at a high-level of excellence.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public affairs, and media relations
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.