This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree and eight years experience in the development of marketing communications, magazine publishing or advertising.
- At least four of these years must be specialized in marketing communications in a corporation or advertising agency.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develop and execute marketing communications plans and initiatives, based on the strategic goals of the institution. Ensure feedback loop for all tactical elements of the plans and communication vehicles, enabling tracking and recalibrating, if necessary, to ensure growth goals are met.
- Provide editorial oversight and direction on strategic Health System communications, including managerial oversight of consumer health publications, ongoing direct mail appeals, and content-driven marketing activities in support of consumer health events. Research, write and edit new print and electronic content for the clinical service lines as needed.
- Plan, develop, and implement promotional and marketing communications materials as needed by designated clinical service areas, targeting both referring physicians and consumers.
- Work closely with the various business managers for the clinical units, in both the hospital and faculty practice to ensure that their identified marketing communications needs are being met.
- Serve as account manager for the creative team on marketing communications initiatives: formulate written project documentation and work with the team to assign project milestones, develop the creative pieces and then evaluate their effectiveness and assess general return on investment.
- Negotiate with and manage the work of outside vendors as appropriate.
- Maintain an awareness of key market segments. Proactively leverage medical center research and other existing sources of information in internal and external marketing plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Number: 362846