What you will get to do:
The Manager, Marketing Communications – Consumer Markets is responsible for leading the development and execution of marketing and communications strategies and tactics for three market segments: IFB, Medicare and Medicaid (CCP products). The Manager is responsible for collaborating with the Director and key segment leadship to develop marketing plans to support annual sales and enrollment cycles, and providing oversight of tactical execution of those plans. In addition, the incumbent will collaborate with and manage external vendor partners retained to support a broad range of omni-channel direct marketing strategies and tactics.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Communications – Direct-to-Consumer Markets, and manages a team of five marketing communications professionals. This team is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight sales and acquisition marketing initiatives. This includes content development, coordination of design, testing, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of programs across all channels, including direct mail, sales collateral and fulfillment kits, shopping and enrollment experience (online and offline), digital marketing (search, social, display), traditional advertising mediums (DRTV, print, other), sales presentations, broker materials and sales events. In addition to the internal team, the Manager directs contractors, creative teams and/or consultant/agencies in developing cost-effective marketing communications materials that are measurable.
The incumbent will have demonstrated experience in performance marketing with the ability to apply marketing data analytics including segmentation, channel optimization, test and learn measurement, and campaign key performance indicators (leading and lagging).
The incumbent will have health insurance industry experience with a mastery of IFB, Medicare and Medicaid segment knowledge, and will develop a comprehensive understanding of Medica's product portfolio and competitor landscape. The incumbent will also have a strong direct marketing background as well as excellent writing/editorial skills, and will be capable of developing content as well as overseeing content produced by direct reports or external resources.
Knowledge of federal, state and internal regulatory/compliance approval processes and requirements are key responsibilities for this position to ensure that the all marketing programs and materials consistently execute against its regulatory obligations.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred
- Major: Integrated Marketing Communications, Direct Marketing, Content Marketing
- 10+ years of experience in the field
Specific types of experience or skills required:
- Mastery of integrated marketing communications with demonstrated portfolio and experience
- Experience in developing multi-channel communications (online and offline) required
- Experience developing content for consumer-focused shopping and enrollment websites including mobile
- Extensive writing and editorial experience required
- Experience collaborating with and managing creative/marketing professionals
- Experience collaborating with and managing external direct marketing agencies and/or freelancers
- 5 years required experience in health insurance and/or health care industry including health plan operations knowledge and product lifecycle management
- Consumer markets knowledge (IFB, Medicare, Medicaid) product marketing experience required
- In-depth knowledge of CMS regulations including Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of QHP requirements including healthcare.gov and state-based exchanges
- In-depth knowledge of DHS regulatory requirements and marketing guidelines for Medicaid
- In-depth knowledge of various state insurance division regulations and marketing oversight
- Superior planning and project management skills
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Understanding of print fulfillment process, knowledge of USPS and production processes
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams resulting in successful programimplementation