Position Purpose: Manage all state-wide activities related to marketing, communications, preventive health education and state initiatives. Provide strategic solutions to state initiatives while meeting compliancy and deliverable timeline.
- Manage the writing, design and production of member and provider newsletters, educational materials, handbooks, directories, manuals, member ID cards, promotional items and website content while maintaining Corporate brand and style guidelines and maintaining state compliancy
- Develop action plans to ensure compliance with corrective action orders
- Maintain and support the cultural competency program for the organization
- Serve as media contact and spokesperson on health plan specific issues and coordinate appropriate media responses with members of executive management.
- Establish contacts and manage professional relationships with local vendors, agencies and community based organizations
- Adhere to budget limits on advertising and mailing expenses and tracks related expenses
- Serve as liaison between Corporate Marketing & Communications and other various business units adhering to company standards and the review and approval process
Education/Experience: Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of marketing or communication experience, preferably in a healthcare environment, Previous managed care, government programs experience preferred. Strong writing skills and experience using publishing software. Experience working with community based organizations a plus. Experience working with the media preferred.