The Manager, Marketing Analytics is responsible for leading the efforts around customer analytics for SHRM’s Digital Experience and Insights organization. The manager is accountable for measuring traditional customer analytics such as Lifetime Value, Cost per Acquisition and Renewal, and member buying patterns. In partnership with the Senior Specialist, Data Science and Attribution this role is also responsible for establishing a marketing attribution framework for SHRM and supporting analytics needs for customers across SHRM’s business units.
- Define the required technology and toolset for SHRM’s Digital Experience and Insights department as well as identifying areas of opportunity and efficiencies.
- Identify business reporting requirements and collaborate with the other reporting teams to hand off requirements for execution and development.
- Establish monitoring frameworks, statistical processes, and early warning methods that enable SHRM to react quickly to changing environments.
- Partner with the internal teams to offer strategic insights, review and translate findings, make actionable recommendations and provide insight into how to improve allocation of marketing dollars while prioritizing critical projects.
- Monitor marketing and inbound data processes and identify areas to improve that efficiently balance data collection, customer experience, and conversion.
- Develop strategies to effectively integrate with third party data sources and lead providers as needed.
- Coordinate flow of information and assimilate data necessary to prepare requiredreporting.
- Facilitate cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration by working withinternal and external stakeholders to collect and interpret donor and prospect data from a variety of sources.
- Measure the success and impact of campaigns and programs including digital marketing performance measures and revenue.
- Develop business intelligence solutions to enable a diverse set of stakeholders to explore data, uncover new insights and take action.
- Package and communicate trends and insights to key stakeholders including senior leadership in a timely and effective manner.
- Improve campaign performance and deliver actionable insights; develop testing plans and audit their performance.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or other comparable degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in roles responsible for defining business metrics across marketing and in partnership with other business functions.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience functioning in a highly matrixed organization.
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Professional integrity necessary to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete assigned duties within critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with modern reporting platforms and tools.
- Ability to grasp complex platform concepts and business models, in a digital context.
Let us know if you also have:
- Additional graduate certificates in analytics, reporting or other post-graduate education in analytics.
- Experience with Key Performance Indicator development and goal setting in a traditional (non-association) business environment
- Ability to derive and present compelling stories based on data and metrics.
- Ability to build professional relationships across reporting lines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information. Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
Job ID 2018-1280