WHO ARE WE?
The Growth team is responsible for scaling the organization through marketing and advertising. We are the engine that brings the company new customers in order to make ALL the dogs happy. Our team is close-knit - we like to have fun and joke around, and we're often found nerding out on consumer behavior. If you find the challenge of reaching new dog parents online (and elsewhere) fun, come join us! Also if you know a good dad joke or two, that's a plus."
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
In the Manager, Marketing Analytics role, we are looking for a proven analyst / insights leader to join our team in order to inform and inspire BARK’s subscription business strategy. Your role will be to leverage your strategic thinking, technical capabilities, analytical skills and insights to identify short and long-term growth opportunities for the subscription business, core to BARK.
- Serving as a liaison between Data and the Growth Marketing Team.
- Ensuring the accuracy of data and alignment with management KPIs.
- Building expertise in Growth Marketing and its associated data.
- Using insights to drive better business outcomes.
- Assisting with budget planning, forecasting, and other quantitative tasks.
- Helping develop clear and concise reporting that will deliver information in a digestible manner. Creating and maintaining reporting is key in this role.
- Work closely with paid media channel managers to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies and approaches that translate back channel and business goals
- Asking and answering insightful questions quantitatively. Must be able to peel through the layers of reported data, disregarding the unnecessary, and deliver analysis and insight in a constructive and concise manner
- Offer analysis/business results into profitability etc.
- Long term analysis of creative, copy, and promotions.
- Analysis informs optimizations, strategy, and creative clearly. These are deep dives. Example questions being explored:
- How much should we increase spend and adjust target cpa’s based on promotions?
- What creative formats work the best?
- Does long form copy work better than short form?
- How does showing a dog vs just product in an image impact performance?
- What are the correlations between media placement or creative format A to B and C to A?
- 4+ years experience
- Hands-on experience creating and presenting reports to communicate insights and drive decision making.
- Experience creating dashboards within BI tools.
- Experience using Amplitude, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, ImpactRadius, Sailthru, and other platforms to analyze marketing performance.
- D2C experience in a high-growth environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid skills in SQL, ideally Redshift.
- Highly skilled in Excel/Google Sheets; bonus for additional presentation skills
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts and terms.
- Excellent reading comprehension, even on highly technical topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, math, science, management, marketing, psychology, or a related field.
- Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize into actionable recommendations
- Effective in written and verbal communication, with ability to bridge technical and non-technical audience members.
- Good understanding of statistical algorithms (using regression, measuring statistical significance etc.)
- A highly motivated self-starter, with a drive to innovate BARK in the retail space.
- Strong analytical and technical experience and knowledge.
- Intellectual curiosity - you’re not afraid to continuously question data, asking deep dive questions and pursuing answers that may not be readily apparent.
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box to mine insights and identify innovative solutions.