TEN: The Enthusiast Network is seeking a full-time Manager, Marketing, Adventure Sports Group for the Carlsbad, CA office. About UsTEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as Motor Trend, Automobile, Hot Rod, Surfer, Transworld and GrindTV. With more than 60 publications, 100 Web sites, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, 800 branded products, 50+ events, TV and radio programs, TEN creates and delivers content that informs, entertains, inspires and connects with enthusiasts every day.
Position DescriptionThe Manager, Marketing, Adventure Sports Group (full-time, salaried, regular) will play a key role in the development of custom programs for TEN’s Sports & Entertainment clients, across TEN’s portfolio of brands. This includes working closely with various internal departments; sales, publishers and editorial teams for the purpose of developing and supporting custom programs and activations. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for connecting advertiser partners’ objectives to TEN’s proposed strategies, concepts and overall activation with our brands and audience. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Involved with the development of custom cross platform programs for TEN clients connecting client objectives to proposed strategy, concepts and activation across TEN’s portfolio of brands.
- Build proposals and RFP responses.
- Lead and, or participate in creative brainstorming in the development of custom integrated programs.
- Working closely with other Marketing Managers, Digital Media Strategies and Social Media Managers to leverage research to develop strategic approaches and recommendations.
- Development of presentation materials both internally and externally including Power Point and In Design decks including, but not limited to, overall Adventure Sports Group presentations, integrated program re-caps, sales one-sheets and custom client pitches.
- Support the development of strategic partnerships across TEN.
- Ensure consistent marketing messages both internally and externally including but not limited to PR, trade events and non-endemic industry events.
- In coordination with TEN leadership team, develop group strategy for new products and opportunities.
- Contribute in the development of strategic sales programs and development of the collateral to promote them.
- Assist in the development and execution of research projects and materials that support initiatives within the TEN.
- Assist in the reporting of integrated programs, campaigns, and development of case studies and award submissions.
- Involved with assisting in the development of sold programs interacting with Marketing Project Management team. Including, but not limited to:
- Providing project management support of sold client programs
- Providing support in the creative and development of sold client programs
- Reporting out of integrated programs and campaigns and research studies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience/education with Advertising or Marketing.
- 3+ years experience/education with Digital/Online Technology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to self-educate on current marketing/advertising trends.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated; possess strong initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for analyzing and synthesizing research data, with the ability to build strategic “stories”.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view a computer screen
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.