Directs and provides research on customers preferences and on existing and potential markets, trends and technologies; Administers business intelligence functions; Provides management with strategic information related to market, competitor, and customer intelligence; Develops strategic information architecture to support marketing activities, maintains systems and support for information use.
- Develop proposals and participate in Community, Communications & Marketing (CCM) primary and secondary research to maximize customer and offering opportunities.
- Design, execute and manage Quantitative and Qualitative projects including, analyses, execution, report writing and presentation to ensure schedule and budget requirements are met to ensure company growth and profitability.
- Translate research outcomes to actionable insights to provide guidance and data to support changes in strategic direction.
- Apply and demonstrate an advanced level of understanding and knowledge of appropriate statistical applications and research design techniques in order to provide consultancy to clients for maximum sales and growth.
- Monitor the work of other staff members on projects to ensure work tasks are completed according to the project management plan for seamless timely quality work within budget.
- Develop and provide expertise in target business industries to both business partner and internal CCM teams.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the team to ensure cohesive and strategic approach.
- Develop and provide superb communication skills in client management, project presentation, company product and service promotion, and team collaboration.
- Practice and demonstrate exemplary work ethics, self-motivation in learning and taking on new challenges to support sales for the company.
- Lead vendor and supplier relationships, contracts, new business acquisition and Statement of Work activity.
- Manage budget of entire team to ensure yearly compliance.
- Directs preparation of annual market research plan and implementation of its component research studies.
- Directs research, analysis and evaluation of technical information to determine feasibility and economic impact of proposed business expansion and development.
- Directs development and communication of business, market and competitive intelligence information in support of strategies and tactical decision making at all organizational levels from field representative up to and including GM staff.
- Supervises development, analysis and maintenance of industry trends, customer economics and market intelligence information factors affecting accomplishment of marketing department objectives.
- Develops and maintains information architecture necessary to store and retrieve key information to support marketing initiatives.
- Maintains departmental budget and tracking systems, which details marketing program performance.
- Represents SRP on industry/community/trade assoc. boards, tasks, forces, committees as required to ensure SRP's interests are served by such orgs.
- Develops education, training and skills development activities for subordinates of professional and personal nature.
Other Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Commitment: Knowledgeable about market research, dedicated to the goals of the company while promoting a positive culture to ensure good relationships, overall satisfaction and profitability.
- Accessibility: Must be able to access and function within areas key to productivity. Adequate manual dexterity to operate assigned and shared office equipment. Ability to travel on periodic overnight and extended stays, and work extended hours when necessary.
- Communications: Must speak clearly and fluently to communicate on a wide range of topics. Above average reading comprehension, and grammatically correct written communication skills. Must have the ability to understand and respond intelligently to business correspondence. Interpersonal skills as needed to persuade, manage conflict, debate and negotiate. Response to pressure should be calm and reasonable.
- Technical: Must demonstrate a high proficiency in understanding and working with basic software and computer skills, to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Judgment: Comprehension of job requirements and procedures. Can initiate and perform work assignments under minimal supervision that may be broad, varied, and complex in nature. Must have the ability to use educated and intuitive judgment to make decisions.
- Flexibility: Must be able to work in a shifting environment with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Analysis: Mathematical aptitude; use of numeric calculations for accuracy of reports and tasks.
- Organization: Organizational and time management skills sufficient to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Logic: Deductive reasoning ability to enable the appropriate application of general concepts to specific situations. Able to translate theory into business practices. Employee must applyexperience, skills and information to identify problems and plan strategic resolutions.
- Work Ethics: Must be willing to work hard, be dependable and responsible, possess a positive attitude and maintain a sense of honesty and integrity• Directs the development, evaluation and interpretation of multiple customer segmentation systems for use in target market development, market potential determination, product demand analysis, program/marketing strategy.
- Masters or MBA preferred.
- 15 years cumulative and progressive exempt level professional experience and 5 years minimum management experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to represent SRP to external groups.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to facilitate and lead work teams in support of department and corporate all objectives.
- Ability to be discreet in the preparation and use of proprietary and sensitive materials and information. Ability to use and interpret results from complex computer models and databases.
- Secure and monitor sensitive materials and information.
Minimum of 8 years cumulative and progressive exempt level professional experience.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Requisition ID: 8539