What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Ourassociates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training andcareer development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you likeworking with a generous,supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where youwant to be.
Gartner research and insights help business leaders make more effective decisions every day. Our Corporate Marketing team strives to understand the needs of the customers and communities we serve and designing the most effective programs to profitability meet those needs. This team accelerates sales activity by attracting, engaging and converting leaders and their teams through the delivery of compelling Gartner insights and experiences throughout the buyer journey.
The Manager, Market Research will be responsible for defining and conducting global B2B primary and secondary market research studies. The ideal candidate should have experience working on research initiatives in the areas of branding, advertising, marketing communications, new product development, value proposition, customer segmentation, and customer experience.
What you will do:
- Translating the business requirements of key stakeholders into research briefs and survey designs.
- Creating survey instruments and collecting data using online survey tools or qualitative methods.
- Analyzing and synthesizing customer, market and competitive data in order to translate findings into business insights and action plans to support enterprise performance.
- Develop and presenting insightful presentations to the executive team that outlines significant changes in customer behavior and the marketplace.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field required; advanced degreepreferred with strong background in qualitative and quantitative research and analytics
- Minimum of 5 years of market research experience; at least 2 years of B2B experience
- Extensive experience designing market research surveys and qualitative interview/focus group guides; experience conducting brand equity, communications/message testing, customer satisfaction, customer experience, and market segmentation research studies
- Extensive experience executing all phases of primary market research studies (e.g., programming surveys into online survey platforms, developing and implementing a sampling plan, monitoring data collection, reviewing/checking data quality, analyzing data, charting results, summarizing findings, presenting results)
- Experience conducting and interpreting advanced statistical analysis techniques (e.g., regression, cluster, factor, ANOVA, chi-square, t-test, etc.)
- Strong intellectual curiosity with a passion for interpreting quantitative data and creating actionable insights that are applied to business decisions.
- Skilled in problem definition and ability to conduct rigorous analyses.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to “tell the story” and influence senior level stakeholders and colleagues
- Expert/Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced level experience with a variety of analytical software packages e.g. SPSS, Minitab, SAS, R, Python
- Expert/Advanced knowledge and experience with survey tools such as: Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms
- Experience working in highly matrixed organization
- Experience managing external research vendors
Job Requisition ID:G22511