The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the local marketing expert and advisor to field sales and the distributor trade development teams. The incumbant will be responsible for translating HQ Brand Activation strategy into localized marketing & activation plans (limited local program creation) and overseeing execution and activation excellence for market entity to support sales/distributor network. This role requires a depth of understanding and communication of local market-based insights and growth opportunities. Incumbant will also serve as CA division's marketing lead for multicultural commercial efforts with a particular focus on the Hipanic market.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Implement HQ Brand Activation strategy through localized marketing and activation plans.
- Develop/maintain local expertise and identify opportunities based on market insights (channel, consumer, legal).
- Develop local multicultural consumer touchpoint strategies across PRUSA portfolio
- Lead multicultural program development and localization
- Oversee and ensure excellence in activation and execution of national programs with limited local program creation.
- Set objectives, track results, measure program ROI, and provide market-based insights and feedback to HQ Brand Activation teams through KPI scorecard process.
- Track and manage Annual Operating Plan and assigned A&P budgets.
- Provide "Voice of the Market" by providing understanding of local market dynamics, focusing on multicultural consumer and channels, to shape and influence national brand/brand activation strategies.
- Market lead in executing special events (local and national).
- Implement and communicate Annual Operating Plan and A&P plan (Distributor Trade Development, Region Directors and Market Managers)
- Evaluate potential programs and provide feedback to HQ Brand and Brand Activation teams to ensure local consumer and channel dynamics are considered
- Lead post-program ROI analysis (MMs, FMs, Digital Coordinator) to ensure national and local programming are meeting PRUSA objectives and we capture and share key learnings
- Ensure retail & distributor execution meets brand standards, logo usage guidelines, legal mandatories, and agreed upon program KPIs and objectives (Region Directors and Market Managers).
- Generate local market insights and identify local opportunities – consumer shifts/trends, channel dynamics, key account dynamics (RDs and MMs, Distributor Trade Development), with particular focus on the multicultural market.
- Train/brief region sales team and distributor team on brand standards and guidelines (RDs and MMs).
- Collaborate with California Digital Coordinator to support local digital activation and e-commerce efforts via Local Events, Regional Chain Digital Marketing —Assets/Content/Programming Calendar, and Local Sports & Event Partnerships
Nature & Scope:
- 80%+ of programs activated in Division were national from HQ
- Actively tracked ROI for +70% of programs (using scorecard)
- Participated in feedback process & shared business insight w/ HQ Brand Activation
- Quality of performance/support feedback from RDs and FMs
- Quality of feedback from key distributor trade development & sales personnel
- Local Net Sales & CAAP targets achieved
- Local depletions target achieved
- A&P budget managed to plan
- Programming demonstrates improved ROI over time
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree; Masters degree a plus.
Experience / Background: 5-10 years experience in consumer products marketing and/or sales with significant exposure to brand building activity. Previous work experience in sales, or experience in the selling environment preferred.
Most of work in division headquarter office (Irvine, CA), distributor offices or home-office setting, with frequent travel throughout the state. Must have valid driver's license.