Supports develops and execution of the value communication strategy of a key Novo Nordisk product category. Actively participates in value communication, payer marketing, evidence generation, and initiatives to increase market share for one or more Novo Nordisk products. Executes key programs that will drive long-term profitable relationships with key accounts and the managed markets channel overall. Responsible for both inline and pipeline/launch products within responsible therapeutic/franchise area(s).
Reports to Senior Director, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy. Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and senior level managed markets customer representatives. Interacts internally with team representatives from Finance, Brands, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), Commercial Pipeline, Field Sales, Account Management, Analytics, Investor Relations, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy colleagues across all franchises, and all others, including global colleagues/counterparts, on a routine basis. Ensures strong collaboration across functions to strengthen patient and payer value story and provides timely communication of insights to all relevant partners.
External relationships include interactions with managed markets customers (potentially including but not limited to payers, Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBMs), employers, and organized customer groups), patient advocacy groups, key opinion leaders (KOLs), vendors and consultants.
- Supports the development and execution of value communications initiatives for franchise, including initiatives and business plans for inline and pipeline products in the franchise, in order to maximize revenue and profitability for the franchise
- Assists with the development of the payer value story, supported by credible clinical, health economics and quality of life messages in order to justify brand value; interfaces with HEOR team to guide evidence generation efforts that support payer value story development
- Leverages understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate and pre-empt future competitor moves by supporting development of innovative strategies and tactics
- Ensures access strategies are aligned with portfolio/brand segment positioning and messaging, and with Novo Nordisk’s long-term goals
- Ensures alignment on access strategy and key account plans and initiatives by partnering internally with Contracting Strategy, Value Communication for other franchises, channel leads, Account Management, Field Sales, and Brand Marketing
- Interacts closely with Brand core and commercial team to develop payer marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives to communicate value to customers and improve market access
- Provides directional support to Account Management, Field Sales, and Managed Markets Execution teams for tactical execution and participates in driving feedback generation that can be of value to inline or pipeline products
- Supports development of best-in-class tools to ensure timely communication of Health Economics insights to relevant internal functions
- Works collaboratively with Value Communication colleagues, Contracting Strategy, Strategy & Portfolio Innovation, Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR), Brands, Health Economics, Medical Affairs, Account Executives, Analytics, and U.S. and Global Marketing Management to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach for payer marketing
- Ensures value communications strategies agreed upon are executed in a timely and efficient manner to meet the sales and profit objectives
- Assists with the development for internal and/or external trainings and presentations on payer value communication and market access. Collaborates with Training to develop Point of Action (POA) session format and content. Occasional presentation of material required
- Collaborates on customer-specific program development and execution to improve product access, reimbursement and product pull through. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Contributes to practices that attract and retain the best people
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor's Degree required; major in Business preferred. MBA or another advanced degreepreferred
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in any of the following areas: pharmaceutical sales, marketing, market insights, analytics, pricing, contracting, managed markets, national account management, finance, or consulting OR a minimum of three (3) years of experience in strategic market access in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Experience in value communication or payer marketing strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how market access organizations make decisions across private & public channels
- Have strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills. Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high Return on Investment (ROI)
- Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility