Venture Global LNG ("Venture Global") is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company's two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global's modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marine Operations Manager.
The Marine Operations Manager will provide oversight and expertise for marine terminal operations. The candidate is expected to add value to VG and shall provide support to Venture Global LNG (VG) staff, contractors, suppliers, and other personnel involved in the safe operation of the marine facilities at VG's LNG export terminals. They will work closely and provide support to VG LNG terminal marine operations teams on a daily basis, providing SME advice and support on the development and execution of contracts, inspections and LNG tanker operations.
They will provide oversight on federal, local and international regulations, as well as internationally recognized guidelines and best practice, allowing Marine Operations to stay ahead of any upcoming changes.
This position will also be expected to support the marine assurance team and clearing nominated LNG tankers.
This position reports directly to the Director, Marine Operations for Venture Global and is located in Houston, Texas with frequent travel to the LNG facilities. The future outlook for this position is to have one or more direct reports.
- Terminal Operations
- Provide strategic marine support to Venture Global, through SME advice, support, and problem-solving based on best practices, reasonable care standards, and due diligence models.
- Work with VG LNG terminals on a day-to-day basis, providing SME advice, support and oversight on terminal operations
- Work with the Marine Supervisor at each VG terminal to maintain marine operations, minimizing down time and maximizing berth availability
- Build on existing marine operations and continue to develop marine terminal operations across Venture Global, streamlining and standardizing operations
- Assist in the development and execution of marine terminal contracts, again providing support to the terminal and the vendor.
- Develop and implement VG Marines Operations procedures and policies
- Work with marine personnel to ensure safe, reliable, cost effective and environmentally responsible cargo transfer operations
- Work closely with and support the VG terminal during start-up, preparing them for marine operations and first cargo
- Support terminal audits of VG LNG terminals as per OCIMF MTSA guidelines.
- Conduct audits of cargo and marine terminal paperwork, highlighting areas for improvement and developing mitigation and training measures where necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with marine vendors, including marine service vendors, line handing vendors etc. involved in and supporting marine operations.
- Work closely with the Commercial Operations team to schedule LNG tankers at VG LNG terminals, providing an oversight on marine operations and any work which may impact
- Help build a positive safety culture that promotes learning and sharing
- Work with Director Marine Operations to ensure completion of tasks related to "Ready for Operations"
- Marine assurance:
- Support the marine assurance team with in-depth knowledge and experience of marine assurance, including vetting, terminal compatibility and mooring analysis
- Provide SME advice on the development of a vessel database to store records related to each vessel.
- Future Project Development
- Support the Venture Global projects team
- Provide operational SME advise and support throughout project development
- Ensure policy consistency and develop performance measurement and business improvement particularly to:
- Deliver effective, fit for purpose, marine advice, support and problem solving based on best practices, reasonable care standards and due diligence models
- Operate safely within Industry, Company, National and International standards and regulatory requirements
- Support regulatory and environmental compliance
- Assist in conducting safety audits to help build a positive safety culture that promotes learning and sharing
- Support HSSE activities for marine interface operations
- Work with others on the operations team in the preparation and presentation of materials and other information on the 'safety case' for VG's proprietary systems
- Support the exercise of local oil spill and security response plans and support the management of any ship / shore interface
- Assist in reviewing and updating VG marine operations documents
- Become an active member of OCIMF/ SIGTTO working groups
Education and Certifications: Bachelor's or associate degree in engineering, marine Class 1 or other relevant technical discipline or acceptable equivalent work experience. PTEC degree preferred or relevant process experience.
Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) years' experience in marine commissioning, startup or operations in Oil & Gas or petrochemical facilities, of which at least two (2) must be at a supervisory or superintendent level.
- At least five (5) years working in a port and/or shipboard environment in a position having direct participation in relevant areas of technical/engineering and management of marine shipping and/or tugboat activities. Experience with LNG or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids and associated systems is preferred; however petrochemical (either shipboard or terminal) operational experience may be considered acceptable.
- Have an in-depth knowledge regarding marine assurance and the marine assurance process when dealing with buyers, ship operators and other stakeholders
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers who are all responsible for ensuring world class operations.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy; able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project & PowerPoint. Knowledge of Optimoor and MIS Mainstay is a plus.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.