The Project Manager S4 - Manufacturing (MSP) is responsible for the simplification of Manufacturing business processes, the implementation of Manufacturing best practices, and the management of all Global S4 Manufacturing design and configuration. This position will manage and coordinate the activities of internal IT Functional Analysts, Business Process Resources (SME’s) and Technical Services assigned to the Manufacturing project area of the S4 Global Program. The MSP’s and their resources will analyze, simplify, test and manage implementations of new processes and software solutions/applications in support of Weber’s business requirements established within the scope of the S4 HANA Project. The MSP must possess an in-depth understanding of the business across multiple functional areas and Business Units. The MSP will operate within the confines of the application landscape and capabilities. They will enable the alignment of business strategies, resources, and capabilities in order to deliver optimal solutions to support the business. The MSP will maintain effective relationships with the part time business resources, System Integrator (SI), and IT resources to leverage their knowledge and expertise to enable improved business processes in order to drive process optimization and simplification. MSP directly reports to the VP S4 Program Process Design & System Configuration and indirectly to the VP Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures alignment of the team across all functions as well as the user community with Manufacturing’s vision of SAP “Best Practice” and Industry standard processes, while assessing the business individual needs, meeting commitments and building internal and external partnerships.
- Provides strong Manufacturing & Operations leadership and aids in determining the overall direction and setting of manufacturing transformation priorities, including the implementation of new processes and adjustments to existing processes. Alignment and direction to be sought from key leaders at corporate headquarters, including the VP Manufacturing.
- Leads work sessions using a variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, and business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Helps ensure requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future best practice business environment.
- Builds effective working knowledge of all business processes and applications within the scope of their respective business areas.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Four-year degree and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- 10 years experience managing and delivering projects at medium to large manufacturing companies.
- APICS certification a plus.
- In depth understanding of the SAP system including IM/MM/PP/QM/PM/SD/WM, Master Data Management (Materials, Routings, BOMs), MRP, and Long Term Planning along with integration points of all modules and related business processes.
- Prior participation in systems implementation projects
- Ability to think “process” and “best practice” rather than just function along with a solid understanding of end to end processes like “plan to procure”.
- Sound and accurate judgment; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strategic thinking and sound knowledge of the respective business processes (independent of the system aspect)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including MS Project or similar project management tool
- Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn with a strong customer service orientation
- Project Management skills and ability to manage a project end to end while managing internal and external resources
- On-call availability for project go-live and off-shift support
- Flexible schedule to align with other program resources
- Flexible to travel as needed or deemed necessary (domestic & international).