Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager. The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or within an equivalent field, 5+ years of supervisor experience or demonstrated leadership experience and experience working in a regulated environment is considered highly beneficial. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of equipment, facilities, standards techniques, policies and processes. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Manager, Manufacturing leads and manages the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing team and associated resources to ensure the quality manufacturing of our specialty pharmaceutical products while maintaining schedule adherence and profitability requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products through planning, scheduling, directing work, and delegation to maintain schedule adherence; oversees lot release activities such as batch record review.
- Fosters a culture of “right the first time” and is accountable for the quality of manufacturing operations; ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages employees with various experience levels with capability to develop new leaders, individual contributors, and technical experts.
- Conducts interviews, performance reviews, develops and administers development plans, performs follow-up on personnel issues, sets expectations, and provides feedback to group.
- Ensures manufacturing team is adequately trained and confident to complete their responsibilities and key duties.
- Responsible for effective communication to supporting departments regarding manufacturing progress, process or equipment concerns, reporting deviations, materials requirements, etc.; communicates status of production operations as part of tiered meeting structure.
- Identifies, investigates, and reports issues which may affect product Safety, Quality, Identity, Purity, or Potency (SQIPP).
- Supports activities within manufacturing area such as facilities/equipment maintenance, calibration, validation, and other requirements.
- Defines and maintains metrics that exhibit productivity and throughput in functional area.
- Responsible for departmental budget, purchasing, and other financial aspects.
- Participates in departmental strategic planning.
- Establishes and maintains a safe working environment and safe working practices that meet applicable standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent field from either a Canadian University or recognized as an equivalent by a Canadian University/Canadian accreditation body is required.
- Highly desirable to have minimum of 5 years of supervision experience or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is considered highly beneficial; knowledge or ability to learn pharmaceutical regulatory requirements is required (e.g. cGMPs, ICH guidance, Eudralex, etc.).
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, standards, techniques, policies, and processes.
- Strong understanding of Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- The position requires excellent communication, human relations, organizational skills, and the ability to manage with leadership and independence.
- The position requires the capacity to integrate technical detail, regulatory, and quality standards and business judgment into concrete requirements and action priorities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.