$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 57 days ago
Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering team has an opportunity for a highly qualified candidate to oversee several of our key support functions including Industrial Engineering, Tool Design, Packaging Engineering and our Materials Evaluation Lab within our Rolling Meadows, Illinois, Manufacturing location.
The desired candidate will administer and oversee program metrics and production review board databases; oversee the work measurement and labor reporting system; production routing initiation and maintenance; tool designs, packaging engineering and all tests and measurements within our Materials Evaluation Lab.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree with a minimum 6 years relevant experience; or MS degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or related degree with a minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in leading, collaborating, and developing cross functional teams on complex technical projects
- Familiarity with one or more related disciplines (systems, software, mechanical, industrial and or electronic engineering).
- Demonstrated interest and success in continuous process improvement initiatives, including statistical analysis and execution of projects.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Strong communication and leadership skills in order to lead teams and represent the organization as a prime point of contact
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain government security clearance.
- Working knowledge of product flow and production processes.
- Relevant experience in Rolling Meadows manufacturing with specific focus in engineering
- Software tools including MS Access, Arena simulation tools
- Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt, including extensive use and understanding of statistical analysis tools
- Expertise in a Manufacturing environment, with demonstrated experience running a work cell, engineering group, or technical projects
- Experience in resource and capacity planning
- Experience in laboratory testing (SEM, XRAY, FTIR, DSC, CSAM)
- Success in leading and developing people
- Current Security Clearance - Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Valid Through: 2019-9-18