Provides leadership and direction toplant maintenance department. Manages the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. Eliminates all causes of failure and ensures full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations.
- Manages maintenance support to Production for fulfillment of Business Unit strategies, goals and objectives.
- Plans preventative/predictive maintenance and overhaul activities in pursuit of primary objectives of minimization of unscheduled downtime and high utilization staff resources.
- Oversees all Tool Crib activities.
- Provides on-going training and development incentives to maintenance personnel and production operators that promote the generalist concept to achieve improved efficiencies.
- Develops measurable standards and goals that reflect maintenance performance.
- Analyzes cost data to ensure accurate budget administration and to understand the causes of any variances.
- Partners with sales team to better understand and predict equipment requirements in support of customer and processing needs.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints, implement corrective actions.
- Participates on continuous improvement teams; plays key role in capital project conceptualization, development and implementation.
- Stays abreast on cutting edge technology through external education programs, benchmarking or similar facilities and professional seminars.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Ensures all projects are completed and within budget.
- Ensures all environmental regulations are met; adheres to all procedures and practices associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality.
- Assists with the training and implementation of all practices and procedures associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum level of education required
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- 5 years of production maintenance experience
Other required type(s) of functional experience (e.g. Production/Operations, Accounting, Forklift Operator, Inventory Control, etc.)
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree (if applicable)
- 10 years of production maintenance experience
Other job requirements (e.g. certifications/licenses, CPG experience, work overtime/weekends, etc.)
- Ability to take emergency calls during off hours.
- On call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
- Weekend work required as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- CPG food or beverage manufacturing experience.
- Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering experience.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience working proactively as a member of a project team or organization.
- Experience communicating (both written and verbal) as well as working with various levels within an organization.
- Skilled at explaining technical processes to an audience possessing varying levels of technical acumen.
- Skilled in operating with a great degree of flexibility resulting from ever changing market conditions.
- MS Office Suite experience.