This position is part of Genentech's' Pharma Technical - individualized NeoAntigen Specific Therapy (iNeST) team based in Hillsboro, Oregon. iNeST is a next generation immunotherapy for the treatment of patients with cancer manufactured on a per patient basis. In this critical role, you will be part of a dedicated cross-functional team working on production start-up activities such as the design, installation, testing, and validation of manufacturing equipment, processes, and the quality approach for this exciting and novel technology.
The Manager, Facilities and Engineering is responsible for creating a culture of excellence in the facilities and engineering areas. They are responsible for managing budgets and staff, and ensuring high engagement in employees with a focus on diversity, inclusion and development. Focus areas in this job will be world class maintenance strategy, and the facilities management aspects of the department. The individual hired for this role must be innovative, have a passion for simplicity, and drive change internally and externally.
Leadership and People Management
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term
- Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Reliability organization.
- As a Facility and Engineering team member, drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross functional planning and decision making.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Embody PT lean leadership principles and methods while fostering a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage expense and capital budgets for F/E functions and projects
- Administer service contracts ensuring cost, quality and delivery achieve the best value and manage ongoing relationship with providers.
- Ensure SHE and cGMP compliance for all functions
- Partner with and support other Roche legal entities in the network for Facilities and Engineering management support.
- Administer and manage the space planning strategy to ensure sufficient personnel space
- Develop, manage, and maintain programs to protect the infrastructure and utilities at the site including facilities fitness, gowning management, pest control and janitorial services
- Manage construction work to ensure maximum facilities and grounds functionality
- Provide support and engagement on engineering/technology projects
- Support the implementation of reliability engineering and predictive maintenance to maximize equipment availability and maintainability.
- Manage the GSP050 Maintain Plant and Quality required performance measures and audits.
- Support engineering projects and system improvement through project management best practices and experience.
Maintenance & Calibration
- Responsible to manage and execute all maintenance activities for production and facilities equipment.
- Responsible for providing calibration services and standards management to all site assets.
- Responsible for HEPA services to all site assets.
- Manage and operate plant utilities, assuring required quality and availability while directing effective conservation programs relating to water, electricity, and natural gas
- Responsible to ensure that Utilities are delivered in a safe, compliant, reliable and efficient manner according to customer expectations.
- Collaborate to deliver innovative and cost effective designs for CAPEX projects.
- Stay abreast of developments in code and regulatory issues at the local level with impact to operations and ensure that utility systems comply with these regulations
- Obtain and maintain all permits and licenses Facilities Management
- Responsible to ensure that services related to the safe, compliant, reliable, and efficient operational conditions of all site buildings, facilities, and grounds are delivered according to customer expectations.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community and local regulatory partners (e.g. permit providers)
- Bachelors' Degree Required (science/engineering is preferred)
- Graduate or higher-level degree is preferred
- 10 or more years work experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- 4 or more years' facilities management, planning and designing of pharmaceutical production plant
- 4 or more years of facilities management, engineering, maintenance, systems planning, and designing of pharmaceutical production plant
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment
- Expert knowledge of systems supported by the Facilities and Engineering Department
- Expert knowledge of cGMP relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge of asset life-cycle and maintenance strategies.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.