$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Organization Profile :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world's leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position :
Applies scientific principles to innovate, design, develop, and implement technologies, components, sub-systems, machines, tools, and systems to ensure compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer guarantees across applicable operating conditions. Ensures novel ideas and implementations are captured and protected using applicable IP processes and tools.
- Manages a team of primarily experienced professionals.
- Guide this team in new machining technologies development projects to increase performance, reduce costs and increase the competitiveness of P&WC.
- Establishes mid-term objectives and goals for engineering and technical work.
- Consolidates and collects business intelligence data from available industry reports, public information, field reports, or purchased sources to guide design, structure development, machines, tools, systems and manufacturing processes.
- Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Establishes, develops and implements policies, standards, and procedures for engineering and technical work focused on enhancing the organization's performance.
- Oversees activities focused on planning and designing manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates the recommendations of engineers to ensure they are accurate and consistent with the organization's production plans and goals and will improve the organization's production capabilities.
- Leads multi-phase process engineering projects.
- Collaborates with product design groups to understand their medium to long term needs and lead projects that resolve and support operational needs.
Specific responsibilities of position :
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Manages the activities of a team of engineers who design manufacturing processes and specifications that will improve the efficiency and productivity of the organization's manufacturing operations.
The Machining Technology group deals mainly with these functions:
- Develop and implement new machining methods using modern modeling tools and real-time monitoring key process parameters.
- Responsible for evaluating the cutting tools of last generation and their use in an optimal way to reach the level of quality expected at an optimum cost of production.
- Work with several external entities (universities, research centers, other divisions and suppliers) to evaluate and develop innovative machining methods.
Qualifications required :
· Bachelor degree with a minimum of 10 years experience or Master degree with a minimum of 7 years experience
• Experience in the field of manufacturing and machining technologies;
• Experience in team management;
• Bilingual (speaking & writing);
• Process and results driven;
• Team player oriented with good leadership skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to offer new and creative solutions.
Valid Through: 2019-10-21