This position is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of loss prevention efforts within the assigned area ensuring an effective and proactive approach to the reduction of shrink and protection of company assets. Partners with director and various field and corporate management groups to develop, communicate, implement and measure loss prevention and security programs. Reviews key indicators of potential loss situations and coordinates efforts to resolve suspected or actual losses. Observes and reports upon substandard performance by field managers in relation to shrink or cash losses. Manages the company's Exception Based Reporting System (XBR) and e-commerce Audit/Fraud Systems.
- Manages the company's XBR System and e-commerce Audit/Fraud Systems. Creates and distributes exceptional based reporting to business partners. Conducts analyses of key indicators to identify loss, compliance issues or fraud within the stores, digital commerce, or National Store Support Center (NSSC).
- Ensures quality execution of all program components, with ownership of Loss Prevention program for the stores within the area of responsibility. This includes but is not limited to the corporate directed "target store" program, investigations and training.
- Provides training, coaching and education to Store Teams & NSSC personnel on Loss
- Prevention standards and security best practices.
- Provides consultation and support in the resolution of loss prevention issues. Identifies potential issues and proactively develops solutions for issues including robberies, new store openings, customer returns, CCTV, physical securities, etc.
- Conducts internal and external investigations in area of responsibility including stores, DTC and NSSC as needed in partnership with appropriate business partners.
- Manages security and burglary alarm administration for all brands including coordinating with construction department on new store openings, closings, relocations and remodels.
- Partners with director to develop and implement Omni channel loss prevention strategy to improve awareness and minimize losses within all corporate NSSC facilities and across digital platforms.
- Builds effective and positive relationships with Store Teams in addition to cross functional corporate partners, Operations, IT, E-Commerce, Construction, etc.
- Handles the administration processes for department including the purchase of supplies, review and processing all invoices for LP Department and execute the LP Award Program. Manages ORC reporting and investigations: works with Law Enforcement and industry partners to reduce and resolve ORC incidents, including special investigations (i.e. eBay). Identifies trends in customer contacts, identify areas of opportunity and implement programs and procedures to minimize loss while coordinating projects with internal ecommerce partners.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry information and trends and makes recommendations for process changes to ensure best practices. Maintains a high degree of familiarity with NSSC and Stores procedures.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent education and work experience
- 5+ years of retail loss prevention, security or asset protection experience Knowledge advanced interview training and investigation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Training and presentation experience with proven interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and interpretation. Ability to identify, distinguish, & analyze components of problems, making logical & complete conclusions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience investigating financial crimes, including digital fraud required
- Certified Forensic Interviewer preferred
- Crisis Response, Threat intelligence analysis, or Workplace Violence Mitigation program management experience a plus