Oversees the planning and controls the flow of materials, products, services and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, or critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, third-party warehousing and shipping/receiving activities. Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financialreporting and reconciliation of inventories. Exhibits thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments. Interacts with suppliers and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Supervises activities and resources within a functional area.
- Leads critical logistics efficiency improvement activities
- Supports day-to-day efforts necessary to achieve the business plan and to satisfy the needs of SunPower’s customers.
Drive long term strategic initiatives that will enable continued business growth.
- Applies specialized subject matter knowledge to solve moderately complex issues within established guidelines.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of customer requirements and ensures that work is directed toward resolving customer issues.
Engages with the business unit to provide solutions that are customer oriented and will enable long term business success.
Impact / Discretion:
- Critical to controling the business cost and customer service levels. Interacts closely with business unit partners to deliver a world class customer solution.
- Provides general direction, supervision, and mentoring to first-line supervisors and highly skilled individual contributors within a functional area.
- Directs and provides expertise within functional area teams and participates in cross-functional initiatives.
- Serves as point of escalation for direct reports.
- Develops and delivers performance reviews.
- Involved in both personnel (hiring and termination) and compensation decisions.
- Engages with customer and third party representatives to ensure mutual understanding of expectations.
- Operates without day-to-day supervision.
- Handles routine and unique situations, asking for advice when necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience
- And 0-2 years of people management experience
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience