Located in Phoenix, Arizona, this position will require a creative and flexible individual to lead the logistics planning and distribution planning function. This position is responsible for managing inventory levels in various FGI locations to assure global replenishment and successful order fulfillment. This includes the balancing of available inventory across multiple plants, ECO analysis relating to the disposition of material in FGI locations, leading IT projects associated with new program implementations and creating procedures to support these functions. Communication with specific critical suppliers is also required. Additionally, this position will potentially manage exempt planning personnel as well as non-exempt logistics personnel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage IT projects impacting inventory movement among the various FGI plants worldwide. Perform UAT, develop material flow models, and new processes as necessary. Develop the documentation required to support these functions.
• Review in house inventory levels to assure adequate inventory is available to initiate replenishment shipments.
• Perform reconciliation steps with 3PL distribution centers to resolve cycle count variances.
• Establish and maintain planning metrics.
• Create and maintain departmental procedures associated with logistics planning functions and assure the Logistics Planning department is in compliance with all corporate procedures.
• Assess headcount and equipment requirements of new product development kits and implement changes as appropriate
• Develop key relationships with Production, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping, Master Scheduling' and Customer Service to manage supply and demand
• Manage and develop exempt and non-exempt planning and logistics personnel.
• Assess and adjust headcount and organizational infrastructure to meet corporate requirements.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Logistics function.
• Monitor ECOs for impact to FGI product and perform action items as specified in the ECOs.
• Act as a liaison to engineering to integrate new product into FGI and assure 3PL distribution centers are adequately supplied on a timely manner
• Determine and manage potential shortages by analyzing build schedules, shortage reports and working with purchasing and planning to resolve issues.
• Perform various SAP transactions to maintain planning attributes and other supporting logistics activities.
• Manage and resolve work order variances relating to FGI kits and determine/track root cause. Work with Cost Accounting for month end close.
• Develop processes, manage and monitor inventory levels at 3PL distribution centers and schedule replenishment shipments as necessary to maintain established inventory levels.
• Manage capacity planning for Kitting lines and interact with Operations to ensure that kitting is aligned to I&A production Manufacturing for kits
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, 4 year degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years in supervisory or management assignment.
• Experience with ECO analysis and implementation.
• Experience with the implementation of IT program changes and associated UAT.
• Experience in the creation of procedures supporting the various assigned functions.
• Experience in the execution of cycle counting, physical inventories and variance reconciliation.
• Knowledge of GMP's and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in solving complex logistical issues both individually and in a team structure.
• Experience in analyzing complex task components to enable excellent decision making skills.
• Experience with various computer programs: MRP systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Gantt charts, etc. A working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of KanBan systems and other Lean principles.