About The Team And Position
Logistics is the art of problem solving personified. As the Logistics Manager at Carvana, you will ensure that our promise of a revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do this by managing, and optimizing the Vehicle Transport operations, ensuring the day to day activities are completed, and problem solving through complex obstacles to your business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for operations execution and optimization; Problem solve to remove barriers to operations.
- Ability to execute on strategic initiatives
- Primary liaison between Retail Hubs, and Inspection Centers
- Responsible for rolling out new programs or initiatives impacting team
- Oversee the scheduling, PTO, and attendance of team members
- Communicate, coordinate, develop, and evaluate team members’ work
- Active participant in recruiting, performance management, employee relations, and other people activities
- Build a culture of safety, engagement, motivation, and recognition.
- Ensures DOT compliance
- An understanding that things will change. We need to know you are okay with that.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In other words, you’re a multi-tasking wizard!
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a logistics leadership position
- CDL preferred or be willing to obtain
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational success
- Aptitude for creative problem solving
What We’ll Offer In Return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you. The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.