The Litigation Services Manager is part of the Legal & Compliance Team supporting activity related to commercial litigation, government investigations, and employment matters. Specifically, this individual will partner with internal counsel and oversee various facets involved in supporting a case and execute the litigation discovery processes; including but not limited to: facilitating document collection, matter management and tracking, conducting custodian interviews and trial support.
- Help maintain litigation support databases and/or tracking mechanisms according to case needs.
- Organize, coordinate, and track document processing, review, and production for litigation cases in accordance with the Express Scripts Discovery Playbook (training and guidance provided upon onboarding).
- Serve as a primary liaison between in-house legal counsel, cross-functional business partners (including information technology security departments), and external vendors in the process of litigation support and discovery.
- Partner with internal counsel and assist in defining Distribute litigation hold notices to custodians as directed by counsel; including tracking and required follow-ups.
- Communicate regular progress reports to counsel and / or management.
- Respond to third-party subpoena requests as assigned.
- Special projects or additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience.
- 5-8 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in a capacity supporting a Legal department or law firm is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with collecting or facilitating the collection of structured and/or unstructured data within ESI is a plus but not required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- An ownership mentality, exceptional follow-through skills, flexibility in embracing frequent change in all forms.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent thinker, and worker.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, carry out multiple related activities simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be team-oriented and able to share information, identify opportunities and make justifiable recommendations.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Legal department is ultimately tasked with protecting the Express Scripts brand. Our teams of attorneys and legal professionals oversee contracting activities and licensing, ensuring corporate and SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company’s public affairs efforts at the federal and state levels. When hiring for this team, we look for professionals with passion, enthusiasm, and integrity to help us sustain the best-in-class service we provide to our clients every day.
Job Id: REQ20010320