Job Description Summary:
The Manager of Transmission Line Maintenance Planning is responsible for the group that provides all estimating, planning and scheduling, material coordinating and cost reporting for transmission maintenance projects. Plans, develops and provides services to support projects. Monitors and analyzes project performance against established criteria to forecast project results.
- Directs efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and safety performance.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Manages and coordinates support services in the area of project controls; estimating, planning and scheduling, material coordinating and cost reporting. Provides leadership to the team and takes the project through the initial approval cycle, produces scheduling packages, update project material procurement, and update estimates and cost reporting throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works effectively with the Manager of Transmission Line Construction & Maintenance.
- Is actively involved with Project Managers, construction representatives and other transmission business managers. Daily interaction with Eversource management, CONVEX, Stores, Legal, Purchasing and field staff to provide support to ensure the safe and timely completion of work meeting Eversource’s quality standards.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the annual work plan for the internal and external contractor resources.
- Provides input/consultation to Engineering and Project Management for constructability and maintainability of new projects.
- Promotes teamwork among all members of the Transmission and Distribution organizations and other internal groups.
- Actively supports storm restoration efforts.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs.
- Knowledge of project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, capital budgeting and rate recovery.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Engineering degree highly desirable. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is preferred with five years in a supervisory or lead role. Experience with managing multiple projects/project managers preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Profession (PMP) preferred; the ability to obtain shall be required within 3 years.