Venable LLP has an exciting new opportunity supporting our growing Century City office. This individual will be an integral part of the firm’s management team, leading a group of professionals in providing the highest level of administrative support to our legal staff.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Ensuring effective, timely and cost-efficient coordination for completion of client and administrative tasks:
- Manage LAA assignments and staff/lawyer ratios, and overtime utilization
- Coordinate daily staffing, scheduling, workflow and backup/overflow support
- Identify opportunities for improved individual and team efficiencies
- Following a structured approach to leading change management activities, including creating actionable deliverables, communication plans, training plans, and driving stakeholder engagement.
- Working with legal staff and LAA's to identify problems and develop and implement resolutions that support the needs of the business.
- Driving a high performance, positive, client focused, and collaborative team culture
- Evaluating, hiring, onboarding and training new staff
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A minimum of 3-5 years progressive management experience, including staff management experience, in a law firm
- A strong focus on client service and responsiveness; the ability to work in a consultative manner
- The ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of individuals with differing abilities and delegate work to others
- The ability to anticipate problems and focus on appropriate solutions while incorporating differing viewpoints
- Flexibility and adaptability; strong organization skills
- A commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others
We are seeking candidates interested in working as part of the firm's management team, focusing on client service, continuous learning, innovation and improvement, collaboration, and building human capital.