What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
This role is vital for optimizing Legal Collection team performance. The associate will provide managerial leadership for all legal collection and account follow-up activities. The incumbent is responsible for general oversight and direct involvement for the day-to-day operations of all loss prevention activities including, but not limited to, collections at all levels of delinquency through charge off and beyond. Position completes quantitative revenue analysis to support management decision-making around a variety of financial and operational issues. Oversees and manages departmental processing efficiency, continuous quality improvement, staff, and process integrity in order to achieve the adjudication and cash collection goals of the company.
- Responsibility for creating a positive work environment which maximizes individual and team performance
- Daily monitoring of delinquency, providing guidance to the collections staff
- Review collection efforts to ensure use of proper and timely collection techniques including demands for payment, including use of phone, letters, filing appropriate legal action
- Provide analytical reporting on client data to assist with workflow and performance
- Monitor the key performance drivers of your collections performance business and take corrective action when required
- Monitor collection goals and performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Collaboration within the organization to identify areas of improvement and focus resources to improve overall performance
- Maintain performance records on all collectors including compliance, collection activity, and goal tracking
- Participate in the discussion and preparation of performance reports for review. Identify areas of concern, trends and make recommendations for collection and employment actions.
- Understanding of andexperiencewith:
- Federal and State Collection Laws
- Rules governing collection agency licensing
- HIPAA and identity theft/privacy rules
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years’ experience working in the collections industry, preferably in insurance
- 5 years of demonstrated leadership capabilities and supervisory experience
- High degree of analytical skill; recognizes and responds appropriately to problems and challenges. Arrives at sound solutions through analysis and weighing of relevant facts. Uses good judgment in difficult situations. Understands and considers short and long term impact of decisions.
- Proven ability to work effectively within all organizational levels and departments to achieve desired results; the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.