PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Learning Management Systems (LMS) will be responsible for leading the efforts to build and scale LMS solutions in support of evolving business and operational needs. You will be responsible for implementing and integrating a new LMS platform for FMCNA requiring subject-matter and implementation expertise; and will work with clients to understand their business requirements and help configure and test the new LMS solution. With limited supervision, you will provide expertise and leadership in cross-functional and SMEs collaborative teams (global & local) in the development and implementation of best practices for managing content within the Learning Management System or developing strategies for potential system upgrades and/or transitions.
Work will be accomplished in a culture that is collaborative, team oriented, innovative, fast-paced and customer focused. The ability to partner across the organization will be a key factor in the success of this role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strong 'customer focused' relationships with business owners, subject matter experts, and other team members to create and/or maintain an effective learning environment.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with Learning Management Systems and knowledge of industry practice. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Has a larger range within the department.
- Ensure projects meet quality standards, budgets and business priorities/deadlines.
- Proactively interfaces with all levels of employees and management.
- Manage, plan, and monitor tasks of documentation and training functions related to corporate, divisional applications and desktop systems.
- Provide guidance on all technology implementations and upgrades needed for future functionality.
- Collaborates in creation, management, and enforcement of LMS standards, policies and operating procedures; drives continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work in a global environment and contribute as part of global team
- Direct the selection, review, cost requirements, design, and tools supporting documentation and training.
- Manage the integration of procedures and business systems documentation development with the implementation plans of business community and information systems technical staff.
- Maintain the learning management records so they meet all regulatory requirements and remain in a validated state.
- Apply available technology with cost effective solutions to projects under development.
- Prepares reports, graphs, charts and statistics to support leadership and customer requests Track and prepare progress reports for all department activities.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution.
- Provides servant leadership to team; responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Makes it a priority to continually learn about new systems, enhancements and technology to bring innovative ideas to CLPD and the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expected travel about 20% of your scheduled time, remaining work time can be remote; ability to travel to Boston, MA headquarters as needed
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Learning Management System staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to formulate root cause analysis
- Positive and proactive approach; desire to provide the highest levels of customer experience to stakeholder’s
- and end users.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and execute multiple, detailed tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include the ability to present ideas in an asset-based manner.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of employees by phone, in-person, and through written correspondence.
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Demonstration of high personal standards of performance and integrity.