PCF and PC Services are important business units within LCL that manage and develop the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. Our vision is to make the everyday simple and better
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Knowledge Management, the Manager of Learning Design will be responsible for the evaluation, planning of learning through the implementation phases.
If you are a person who is always driving for an excellent customer experience through ensuring our colleagues are set up for success with comprehensive training material that speaks to who we are as a brand and support our commitment to help Canadians #LiveLifeWell, we are looking for you!
The role will be responsible for advancing capabilities across our various business lines/ functions, taking into account business needs, emerging trends and evolving learner needs. You will be key in designing and creating content that enhances performance capabilities and knowledge retention via instructor –led, including virtual and self-led training. Your success in this role will require you to be experienced in content design and delivering training material. You will need to come with or gain a deep understanding of the various LCL brands and businesses (Retail, PC Financial, PC Optimum and Loblaw Digital) and utilize your exceptional relationship building skills to engage with key stakeholders across Canada.
With oversight of design and development of the training content, you will ensure all training aligns to the overall organizational strategy and values with the purpose of strengthening capabilities, compliance and performance for our customer facing team. You show initiative by identify opportunities and leveraging best practices across various lines of business and support channels (voice, chat, social, digital, email, etc.).
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of the Learning and Development strategy through partnership with external and internal key stakeholders to assess training needs and ensure training is aligned with business objectives
- Strong instructional design skills to drive the right behaviours through various platforms and training initiatives
- Analyze existing instructional material and provide improvements
- Develop and execute and successfully launch comprehensive learning and development programs and continuous learning initiatives
- Ensure flawless execution of all aspects of training delivery with reportable quality checks in place
- Collaborate closely with the business to recommend customized learning solutions through innovative curriculum design and modes of delivery that engage and enhance performance and behavioral development
- Design and develop a range of delivery platforms such as in-class training, e-learning modules, self-paced web, online, and blended learning to meet the learner and business needs
- Develop post training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes
- Conduct ongoing organizational needs analysis and ensure learning solutions support business growth and change
- Select appropriate learning methodologies that support adult learning needs and provides an engaging learner experience
- Conduct research on best practices, emerging learning and development trends, and new products and learning solutions; makes recommendations for continuous improvement and effectiveness
- Builds tools and strategies to ensure knowledge retention and coaching
- Continuously investigates opportunities to enhance and strengthen training
- Facilitate training and train-the-trainer workshops as required
- Use appropriate evaluation techniques to determine learning effectiveness, compliance and skill confirmation success rates
- Manage and maintain the Learning Management System and evaluate training completion and pass rates, training time vs. efficiency, user adoption, and emerging trends
- Awareness of learning and development trends within and outside the industry, to bring practical and cost effective best practices to the company
What You’ll Need:
- University Degree in adult education, instructional design, or education
- Extensive experience (minimum 5-7 years) direct experience developing company learning and facilitating development programs for organizational wide programs through a variety of mediums
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and strategically influence and persuade senior leaders both internally and externally
- Demonstrated expertise leveraging innovative learning technologies including social, mobile, micro-learning and gamification
- Learning Management System (LMS) administration preferred
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of contact centers would be an asset
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset
- Knowledge of LCL businesses would be an asset