The Senior Manager, Leadership Development, is responsible for providing strategic direction, guidance and oversight to assess and meet global development needs for leaders and high-potential associates. Drives large-scale, enterprise-wide leadership development projects aligned to strategic talent priorities. Responsible for the creation and delivery of programs and solutions for leadership development, as well as the results achieved by associates in the Leadership Learning function.
- Leadership and Direction –Provides strategic direction, leadership and coaching to associates who deliver and manage leadership development programs. Communicates goals, initiatives, project updates to team, client, and functional leadership. Manages daily operations, resource allocation, and continuous process improvement within the Leadership Learning function. Ensures appropriate staffing levels and plans to promote growth and increase bench strength of staff. Demonstrates active commitment to associate development and is responsible for selecting, coaching, mentoring, and developing high-performing associates.
- Leadership Development Strategies-Leads efforts to accelerate high potential development and develop a talent pipeline, working closely with T Rowe Price’s Talent Development Partners. Determines global development needs for leaders and high-potential associates. Analyzes internal/external data, identify trends, implications to innovate and solution; identify unique leadership development requirements.
- Leadership Programs-Builds leadership capability at the executive, mid-level, frontline, an emerging leaders, through programmatic, best-in-class solutions. Manages the learning, intervention, or other solutions that address those needs. Ensures programming is aligned with the overall HR and Talent strategy as well as T Rowe Price’s overarching organizational priorities. Exercises sound instructional and information design and understanding of TRP culture, TRP Leader Expectations, and learning styles in the design. Drives program execution, quality, and cost-effectiveness. Communicates to internal audiences, evaluate results, and determine modifications. Oversees build versus buy decisions for particular programs. Partners with external vendors, where needed, to gain the desired outcomes for the firm; manage the performance of all vendors engaged in enterprise-wide leadership learning. Facilitates events for leaders and executives. Provides and manages executive coaching services. Enables leaders as teachers.
- Leadership and Talent Management-Develops and maintains leadership competencies, aligning development solutions with them. Connects leadership learning to annual talent processes, ensuring development resources for leaders in alignment with needs evidenced within the processes. Creates consistency of assessments used for identifying and developing leaders. Provides and manages executive coaching services. Partners with global talent management team to develop scalable solutions.
- Partnership and Consultation – Provides expert consulting to HR Business Partners on leadership development issues for business units, working in conjunction with Learning Partners and Talent Partners for those business units. Builds and maintains strategic partnerships and consultative relationships with internal clients, resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes. Works closely with Talent Partners and HR Business Partners to ensure alignment of leadership learning to business plans, people plans, and talent plans.
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years-experience in training/learning and development or talent development, with at least 3 of those in leadership learning
- Team and executive development expertise
- Strong management acumen
- High degree of business acumen and strategic thinking
- Experience coaching and overseeing coaching programs in organizations
- Ability to strategically plan, allocate resources, track and measure multiple project efforts, in time and within budget
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a global environment
- Track record of effective consultation with all levels of leaders in the business, cultivating relationships, especially at the executive level
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel
- College degree and 8 years of related work experience
- Master’s or additional education in learning and development, leadership development, or instructional design
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Coaching certification
- Talent development experience