Oversees day to day operations and on time delivery of testing services; manages equipment, instrument, and personnel to meet commitments to clients and department goals; engaged in continuous improvement of the department’s operational deliverables. Meets client expectations in delivery of testing services.
Essential Job Duties:
Managerial and Leadership duties and responsibilities:
- Provides managerial leadership to the local Anatomic Pathology & Histology department staff.
- Communicates the goals and strategy of CCLS, the lab and the department.
- Manages all day to day delivery of testing services.
- Ensures testing quality and on time delivery of testing services.
- Ensures that an adequate number of trained and competent staff is available to match the workload requirements of the department.
- Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction.
- Responsible for approving thorough and timely investigations and CAPA plans developed by the Quality Issue Owner, and accountable for the associated action implementation and effectiveness check activities for nonconformities.
- Manages all day to day production operations of the local Anatomic Pathology & Histology department.
- Manages all non-production activities and obligations of the local department.
- orovides support, as required, to the local department leader (director or associate director) and assists in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities.
- Participates in and supports client visits, audits and inquiries to ensure complete fulfillment of requests and interests.
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensures quality and timely delivery of both production and non-production activities.
- Monitors and reports performance and results against targets and global standards.
- Ensures regulatory compliance within the local department * Excluding technical review.
- Coordinates departmental activities in support of other functional areas.
- Coordinates departmental activities with Global Laboratory Support Services.
- Assists director in the establishment of globally consistent production standards.
- Ensures on time delivery of performance reports (PT, QC/PM, Internal and External QC) and responses to inquiries from other functional areas.
- Participates in client visits, audits and inquiries; ensures complete fulfillment of requests and audit findings.
- Supports Six Sigma and other process improvement initiative
- Recruits, trains, develops and retains sufficient supervisory resources for the effective oversight of the local department operations.
- Converts volume forecasts into specific personnel resource needs and works with the department director (or local associate director) and senior director operations to secure necessary and appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the technical training and development of local departmental staff.
- Ensures an adequate level of appropriately trained staff is available and effectively
- assigned to meet the production and non-production requirements of the local department.
* This role does not provide any technical guidance or review of lab Quality Control results and patient raw data
- Requires BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or other Life Science; or Medical Technologydegree. (Education may be substituted by equivalent years of experience.)
- Prefer Master’s degree or PhD in a scientific discipline or business administration.
- Prefer professional certification (ASCP, MLS, HTHTL or other) in area(s) of expertise.
- Requires 6 years experience in a laboratory following clinical training, plus 2 years supervisory or management experience in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Experience in advanced Immunohistochemistry satining platforms, routine histology, and in-citu hybridization.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, data analysis and related tools.