- Reports to Director - Labor Relations
- Responsible for working directly with hospitals on labor relations matters
- Responsible for supporting the hospitals in all aspects of the grievance/arbitration process, including handling arbitrations or supporting outside counsel in arbitrations, as appropriate.
- Consults with administrative teams in conjunction with the Director and Senior Director regarding collective bargaining, contract compliance, and other labor-related issues.
- Conducts manager training related to contracts
- Assists hospitals in implementing Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Research and communicate emerging trends in health care labor relations
- Track and maintain labor data as required
- Deliver Labor Relations training to facilities as needed
- Establish working relationships with local labor union leaders
- Support and/or take lead as appropriate in impact and other facility-specific negotiations
- Assist with department projects as needed
- Support union organizing campaigns as needed
Up to 25% travel - We will run a MVR on the final candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of related experience at a company with union represented employees, preferably in acute healthcare
- Experience managing grievance arbitration process
- Experience with union campaigns
- Experience with union negotiations
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of labor and employment laws and labor relations
- Possess research, analytical, organization, and computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to work independently as well as having strong interpersonal, organization, written and communication skills