???We are looking for Manager - Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum for our client in San Jose CA
Job Title: Manager - Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum
Job Location: San Jose CA
Job Type: Full Time
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- B.A./B.S. required
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Registered Nurses of the State of California
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
- 3years work experience in area of supervisionrequired
- 1-3years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Evidence of experience which defines competency in Pediatrics, hospital and healthcare management. Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Ability to manage department employee and labor relations / Human Resource related issues.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/ projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Requires basic understanding of and ability to utilize the nursing process; Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to: Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Create or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
- Current Microsoft, computer and other relevant software skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal direction, in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Promote effective communication within the multi-professional team and Understand management and delegation principles.