This position exists to develop new test methods and improve existing test methods. Testing include mechanical properties of fabrics, using instruments like Instron to analytical testing using FTIR, SCEM etc. This position will also develop and lead strategic partnerships with chemical, polymers, fiber, yarn and fabric mills.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Oversee the analytical and textile testing equipment independently, capture the results and provide the inference based on materials and textile knowledge. Ensure test equipment is maintained in optimal conditions and troubleshoot any test equipment issues.
- Support portfolio of innovation projects with the other GIC leaders, members and coworkers.
- Build partnerships with both industry and academia to drive innovation projects.
- Documentation, developing SOP’s and reports and archiving data and samples.
- Interact effectively with different groups within the Global Innovation Center.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP, and MSDS sheets.
- Optimize diagnostic tests and update existing standard operating protocols with significant guidance.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-10 years
- Minimum BA or BS in Materials or Polymers or Plastics or Textile or Chemical engineering or related fields.
- Master and PhD preferred
- 5-10 years with BS/BA and 3-5 years with Masters or PhD
- Past successful execution of projects to commercialization
- Publication and patent filings a plus.
- Strong understanding of polymers, fibers and additives & blends with the ability to combine learnings to create an optimized material and/process.
- Good understanding of Elastomeric materials like TPU, TPE, PU, in the form of fibers or films or coatings or textiles and woven fabrics is highly desirable.
- Knowledge or seek knowledge to develop unique characteristics in existing materials through process chemistries including - new polymers, polymer blends, polymer additives, chemical treatments, coatings, surface modifications.
- Good understanding of various yarns and fabric manufacturing processes desirable.
- Strong understanding of downstream commercial processes and collaborate with functions like weaving, dyeing, finishing, designing etc.
- Should be strong in commercializing new technologies.
- Strong skills in creating, developing, maintaining and regularly updatingreports, capturing all relevant data and filing IP and test reports in the database.