5 - 7 years
Posted 53 days ago
Reporting to the Director, Support Services, Nutrition Services, this position is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Clinical Lab Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Laboratory Assistants. This includes scheduling, disciplining, evaluating, and monitoring, within the assigned area, ensuring laboratory regulation are adhered to. The Manager has 24 houraccountability for operations of Automation, General, Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry, and the PM and night activities, as well as the remote sites.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences, Medical Technology, or the equivalent is required.
3. Licensure by the State of California as a Clinical Lab Scientist is required. Candidates withpending licensure from the State of California must obtain such licensure within six (6) months of date of hire.
4. Five years' experience as a Clinical Lab Scientist or equivalent is required.
5. Qualification under CLIA regulations to function as a General and Technical Supervisor is required.
6. Excellent communication and leadership skills to ensure patient and staff cooperation and satisfaction and ensure excellent customer service are required.
7. Supervisory experience with an emphasis on a cooperative team approach is required.
8. Attention to detail, excellent judgment, and business acumen, as well as the ability to multi-task and communicate in a variety of settings is required.
9. Medical Technologist (MT) certification from a governing body acceptable to the State of California (i.e., American Society for Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technologists, etc.) is required.