Responsible for the direct management of the Chemistry, Hematology, Reference testing, and Rapid Response Lab sections of the laboratory. Will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and supervising of the activities on the day shift, adhering to policies and procedures established to ensure a smooth flow of activities and efficiencies. Oversees technical and quality aspects of Lab instrumentation and test methodology development..
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
* Bachelor's Degree
Minimum years in field previous to employment:
* Six (6) years leadership experience
Preferred years in field previous to employment:
Interpersonal skills in dealing with staff and physicians as well as other hospital personnel will be required for this position. Verbal skills to effectively communicate when resolving problems and providing direction to staff and analytical ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
1. Participates in the development of policies and procedures and communicates and executes these policies after approval.
2. Responsible for long range planning for the efficient operation of the Chemistry, Hematology, Reference testing, and Rapid Response Lab sections.
3. Oversees all technical activities, to include evaluation and selection of equipment, new test development, and problem resolution.
4. Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available to carry out the Functions of the shifts by training the staff in troubleshooting Functions.
5. Responsible for the recruiting, hiring and training of new personnel, also the evaluation, counseling and termination of staff, when required.
6. Ensures that all quality control programs (including preventative maintenance) are maintained according to JCAHO, CAP, CLIA and other regulatory agency requirements.
7. Participates in the annual budget preparation, recommending staffing and supply needs.
8. Maintains intra and interdepartmental lines of communication, exercising a high degree of understanding and patience.
9. Responsible for the review of staff competency in sections of direct supervision and Develops action plans for staff when necessary for job performance improvement.
$140K - $160K
$130K - $150K