The Manager, Juvenile Arthritis (JA) Camp Initiatives is responsible for ensuring assigned camp programs are executed according to Arthritis Foundation guidelines and standards. This position works in partnership with assigned market staff, Camp Director and lead volunteers on training, budget management, and overall camp program implementation. This position works collaboratively with Consumer Health & Impact, Development and Marketing & Communication team members as necessary.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Develops and provides training for staff and volunteers to facilitate JA camp standards while providing a safe and secure camp environment and ensures consistency across the country.
- Oversees and manages camp contract negotiation and process (facility and other), provides support in site selection.
- In collaboration with market staff, oversees and manages camp budgets which includes recommendations on cost saving efforts.
- Manages national sponsor deliverables, recognition and reconciliation.
- Works closely with assigned markets utilizing Camp Registration Management Software to set up registration pages, provide training, pull reports and provide technical assistance.
- Works with market staff and/or Camp Director in preparation of camp program, develop crisis communication plan, provide ongoing support throughout duration of camp, and ensure follow up with families, volunteers, etc. as needed.
- Works with market staff and/or Camp Director to audit camp program, ensure evaluation completion for parents and volunteers, and provide recommendations and opportunities for growth.
- During local market staff or Camp Director absences, or training purposes, attends and manages JA camp program on site.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Requires a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of three to five years of experience with camp program management, volunteer training, budget management, and evaluation.
- Experience working with health professionals, volunteers, and children and their families required. Previous not-for-profit experiencepreferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Must be able to work proficiently and productively in a team environment to achieve goals and complete assignments on schedule.
- Highly organized, easily manages multiple timelines, and completes tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Proficient in technology-based programs and platforms (Microsoft office suite, Web Ex, Internet, Presentations).
- Some travelrequired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
Ensures consistency and standardization of Camp programming in assigned markets
Oversees of JA camp budgets and contracts
Manages Camp Registration Software
Trains staff who manage camp programs and camp volunteers