Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
5 - 7 years
Posted 196 days ago
Implements strategy for IT support services. Oversees daily operations, direct staff and ensures implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Maintains operating budget and manages expenses. Communicates budgetary performance. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 1-2 years and focuses on the creation of systems, processes and programs.
1. Leading and Developing Talent: Manages departmental structure, development and training of staff. Actively networks and sources for positions within the team.
2. Project and Change Management: Plans and manages projects of low to moderate complexity related to departmental function. Manages change with direct reports and participates in the leadership coalition that supports the change.
3. Community Engagement: Understands social trends driving Goodwill's community engagement initiatives, and champions initiatives.
4. Lead the team responsible for incident, problem, and asset management of the Goodwill desktop and Retail technology environment. Includes implementation of policies and procedures to provide business support and communication, including new employee and
5. Provides day to day leadership for the Help Desk and Field Support teams to achieve the project goals for their assigned tasks and objectives. Prioritizes goals and objectives and works independently and with colleagues to meet expected timelines.
6. Researches, suggests, and implements best practices for the provision of IT partner services. Provide ongoing vendor management for outsourced desktop support services.
7. Provide project support for the procurement, installation, and upgrades of all desktop devices and all Retail technology in close collaboration with Retail and Facility Management leadership.
8. Process Improvement: Creates new ways to be productive and efficient at the Help Desk and Field Technician Support, and other departmental areas.
9. Oversees New User Computer Skills Training and ensures that all materials are up to date and that training is targeted to customers’ needs. Provides Information Technology training to managers through Goodwill University Classes using good presentation sk
10. Provides day-to-day management for the IT Field Technician(s) to achieve work order follow up, escalation and closure as quickly as possible, with the best possible customer service.
11. Acts as the liaison between the POS Depot Vendor and IT, ensuring that sufficient hardware is on-hand at all times for Retail, by reviewing work orders and reports created by the vendor.
12. Works closely with infrastructure team to install and troubleshoot IT hardware located across retail and non-retail sites.
13. Provides disaster recovery management for registers and store servers, maintaining up-to-date documentation and hard drive inventories to support this Retail process in the event of an emergency.
14. Manages the creation and support of documentation for all technical processes to be maintained in the support document library.
15. Creates a standard for software and hardware installation and ensures proper licensing, following guidelines listed in the IT Software Policy.
16. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
17. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
1. Ability to lead and direct the work of others including recruiting and retention practices
2. Project management skills
3. Financial expense and capital budgeting
4. Familiarity with a wide variety of information technology concepts, practices and procedures
5. Excellent communication, interpersonal, team and problem-solving skills
6. Leading the development of standards, methodologies and best practices while fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
7. Analytical thinking with attention to detail
8. Strong organizational skills
9. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
1. Customer Focus: Gathers customer satisfaction input and aligns business processes to work with those of the customer. Holds others accountable for meeting customer needs and addresses gaps in meeting emerging customer needs.
2. Values Differences: Creates an environment where differences are openly shared, embraced and incorporated into the team’s activities. Encourages others to be open to, seek and learn from diverse perspectives. Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural norms and expectations and helps other understand the value diversity brings to the business.
3. Communicates Effectively: Practices active and attentive listening and encourages candid and open communication among groups. Breaks down communication barriers and adjusts content and communication style to reach the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders.
4. Situational Adaptability: Sets an example of adaptability, adapting and shifting priorities in response to clients, constituents, or the organization. Helps teams adapt to new situations and shift approach or stay the course in the face of changing demands.
5. Drives Results: Fosters a sense of urgency within the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines. Drives a record of success leading other to persist in achieving results despite setbacks or obstacles.
6. Ensures Accountability: Holds self and team accountable for outcomes and accepts responsibility for successes and failures of own work and the team’s work. Creates feedback loops within processes; monitors metrics and milestones to chart progress against expectations and accountabilities.