Responsible and accountable for the proper creation and execution of key outsourcing contracts and ensuring adherence to financial, operational, and legal standards. Creates and maintains a best in class governance team which delivers IT Solutions, while meeting the changing needs of CenturyLink business. This position will have a direct impact on efficiencies by establishing and maintaining quality service provider relationships via defined processes, contract requirements and oversight practices.
- Creates and delivers solutions to bring best practices to sourcing for IT initiatives. Works with IT teams to elicit their requirements for sourcing.
- Develops and implements program and profit/negotiation strategy to achieve best price and/or enhancement consideration with suppliers, supporting the specific needs of the client.
- Develops, tracks, and manages vendor performance and metrics, including over 300 SLA?s.
- Manages contractaudits and/or benchmarking activities to establish appropriate corrective and preventative actions for any significant contract or program related issues.
- Manages IT Asset Management best practices and policies to drive integration, improvements, and content compliance/ accuracy in order for critical data to be available throughout the company.
- Defines, implements, and continuously improves operational core competencies and processes with a focus on success and customer satisfaction through the implementation of metrics to ensure daily operations meet all customer and division requirements in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Pursues cost reduction through cross functional management of metrics, processes, reduced rework, reduced cycle time, etc. while fully achieving objectives.
- Understands and applies disciplined root cause analysis techniques and designs and employs detailed monthly operations reviews that are dependent on an appropriate metric set to ensure fast, steady progress in operations performance and continuous improvements.
- Liaises and promotes collaboration with all other functional elements of the business, specifically including IT operations, IT development/ test, and the PMO to drive service delivery to meet customer, system, and cost requirements. Leads the prioritization and work efforts for the vendor teams.
- Manages escalations and disputes with the vendors and CenturyLink business units to ensure focus on successful delivery and budget within the terms of the contract.
- Develops and manages budget plans including tracking monthly charges, credits, and forecasts Provides input to annual budget planning.
- Develops and implements tools, reports and processes to assist in the successful management of outsourcing agreements.
- Ensures vendor compliance with all corporate policies and procedures, including SOX and security requirements.
- Supports all sourcing negotiations and re-negotiations directly with vendors, in collaboration with procurement, legal, finance, HR, and risk management. Leads negotiations for any updates and changes to existing terms.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Subject matter expertise in the Outsourcing and /or Offshoring industry (3+ years)
- Understanding of Vendor landscape
- Ability to interact at all levels of the business and vendor organizations
- IT Development and Operations experience (10 years)
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements
- Exemplifies critical thinking, troubleshooting and strong analytical skills
- Experience managing to and interpreting Contracts
- Basic accounting and experience managing large budgets
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to create and present proposals to Leaders (5 years)
- Experience with large-scale outsourcing contract management
- Previous experience negotiating and transitioning an organization to a sourced or offshore model (2 years)
- Ability to travel 10-20%