Purpose of Position-
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the IT Manager works closely with Marketing, Operations, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical POS solutions. The IT Manager plays a critical role in the configuration, testing and support of POS solutions within IT. The IT Manager ensures that solutions are aligned with business strategies and comply with the organization's application and development standards. This position also requires strong team leadership of direct reports.
These tasks require a collaborative, hands-on orientation, and application of an architectural mindset to continually drive operational excellence and execution for our stores.
This role also works with partner teams within Information Technology to define and implement overall reporting solutions and data management solutions that drive business growth.
What You'll Be Working On-
- Manage team responsible for all POS configuration and testing of all national and regional offers and promotions, including DD Perks as well as the Baskin-Robbins e-commerce solution (Tillster). POS solutions include the Oracle Simphony Point of Sale and the NCR Point of Sale.
- Manage team member(s) responsible for supporting Baskin-Robbins IT relationships in delivery of POS (Oracle Simphony) and e-commerce (Tillster) content management activities
- Ensure monthly marketing windows are delivered on –time and executed with quality
- Institute end-to-end self - QA testing process of all applicable technologies based on window readiness timelines and requirements. Ensure monthly QA tracking, adherence and reporting of results in partnership with Store Systems QA Team. Drive continuous improvement to minimize/eliminate error rate
- Serve as a trusted advisor and function as a liaison to Marketing and Operational Managers for all national and regional POS content related technology initiatives
- Manage team to support POS level 3 content/menu escalations, supporting of all field personnel (Operations and Field Marketing) and 9,000 Dunkin' Donuts restaurants
- Proactively communicate POS capabilities of technologies to improve awareness and effectiveness of Retail Technology across the organization
- Present technology solutions at quarterly planning meetings to support strategic Marketing initiatives
- Implement and maintain documentation standards to capture business requirements, issues, and to track progress from start to configuration to testing complete utilizing tools such as Jira and Confluence to maintain tracking/ownership/accountability and streamline POS configuration activities.
- Assist the Senior Manager in defining future roadmap for retail technology products based on business opportunities as defined by our business partners, franchisees and partners
- Prioritize enhancement requests based on business imperatives and input from key stakeholders
- Provide oversight for POS software release management functions
- Liaise with business units and store systems vendors regarding lifecycle management, solution roadmaps, product features and planned enhancements.
- Ensure project deliverables the Team is involved in are completed, with quality, in a timely manner
- Assist the Senior Manager in project related budget activities
What You'll Need-
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Information Technology or business or equivalent additional (2 years) experience is required
- Minimum of 5 or more years of progressive, relevant IT experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Point of Sale (POS), Back-Office, and other in-restaurant systems
- Minimum of 3 years of quick service restaurant or retail working experience with strong retail technology solution management
- Experience implementing systems and processes, preferably in a restaurant or retail environment
- Experience managing and leading a staff of IT professionals to achieve department and project objectives
- Experience in developing and managing a formal IT change control process.
- Proven track record of effectively managing and developing people and resource planning
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and react positively to new and challenging opportunities
- Project management with complex projects and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of developing good internal and external business relationships to achieve project objectives