The leader is responsible for ensuring the current ITIL processes are documented and properly implemented, providing guidance and expectations to infrastructure and development teams. The manager will review, define, and execute process activities with his or her team and partnership of development and infrastructure groups. The Manager will also train and educate the IT and business stakeholders on the process, the expectations, and the methodology of the service processes, and provide input into the IT Governance reporting process. The leader will ensure that the incident response process is well-defined, well-executed, and has the appropriate on-call schedule and staffing, technology automation to quickly handle a major incident, and a process to transition incident to problem management. The Manager, IT Service Management understands the benefit of a structured, policy-driven approach to service management in a fast-paced digital agile environment. She or he understands the benefits of technology process workflows reducing manual work, reduced waiting times, well defined SLAs (including RTO/RPO matching business priority), incident prevention, efficiency gains, and cost optimization. The Service Management leader is expert in these ITIL service management processes and will work to implement best practices in each of these areas. The leader is a metrics-driven leader, understanding what OKRs and KPIs to report on and driving improvement from these metrics.
- Maintains relationships with internal customers to understand business needs and ensure ITIL processes are meeting the needs and expectations of the organization.
- Develops staff, creates a positive work environment that is both challenging and rewarding and promotes a continuous improvement empowerment culture.
- Evaluates, baselines, documents, and implements improvements to ITSM (incident, major incident, problem, service, asset, license, capacity, etc.) processes
- Owns the incident and critical incident management process, including conducting incident response
- Defines and improves the problem management process, including driving resolution with problem owners and reporting progress to IT governance and CTO.
- Defines, with stakeholders, the SLAs, the alignment of technology to SLA, and reports on performance
- Drive more process automation to reduce manual processes; reduce wait times and internal firefighting; implement and advocate for proactive and predictive techniques to prevent issues, drive down incident recurrence, and reduce downtime from incidents
- Review and report on asset inefficiency, reducing cost and inefficiency from duplicate or obsolete assets
- Review and report on change-related waste, reducing re-work; promote more automated change
- Report on customer satisfaction, improving customer feedback response rate, and key service indicators such as first-contact resolution, first-level resolution, mean time to resolution, and cost per ticket
- Builds and strengthens relationship and partnership with corporate infrastructure leads, team, and NOC
- Develops methods and techniques for measuring department performance. Provides regular updates and reports to CTO and software leads regarding service interruptions and systems performance. Identifies OKR and KPI and drives action from them, reporting progress to IT Governance.
- Leads and motivates department to accomplish results through organizational alignment, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- Align ITSM processes with requisite security and compliance governance frameworks in partnership with CISO (COBIT, ISO 20000, ISO 27001).
- Extensive knowledge of technology service management and governance frameworks, especially ITIL
- Experience working directly with IT and business users
- Experience managing ITSM in a regulated environment (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and NYDFS).
- Exceptional Customer and End User Experience focus
- Expertise with incident, major incident, problem, change, release, knowledge, and asset management
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ITIL workflow platforms such as Service Now
- Critical thinking for analysis of existing processes to implement continuous improvement programs
- Experienced in working with on- and off-shore service desk, infrastructure, and application support teams to continuously identify opportunities to improve L1/L2 experience and support activities
- Demonstrated experience optimizing and improving SLAs, incidents, change quality, asset quality
- Desire to measure and continuously improve in all areas and facets; metrics & reporting mindset; ability to identify crucial KPI for the organization broadly and service-based KPI as needed
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity best practices including planning and testing.
- Strong leadership, people management, and organizational development skills
- Experience working in a hybrid on- and off-shore model
- Transformative mindset and experience operating as a change agent
- Cultural preference to leading by example and servant leadership
- Experience developing, improving, automating service catalogs reducing manual work and wait times
- Knowledge and implementation of ITSM frameworks such as ITIL and applying ITSM and Governance frameworks using COBIT, ISO 20000/27001. Certifications a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience with request fulfillment, availability management, capacity management
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationship and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover business issues, and identify needs
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud platforms, Google a plus
- Experience with Atlassian OpsGenie or similar platforms
- Experience with change and release management for continuous (blue/green) deployment patterns
- Experience with organizations leveraging DevOps (CI/CT/CD) tools and patterns
- Experience with software development a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience in infrastructure service management roles.