Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As an IT Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for managing a high volume service desk department across multiple locations. Your team will be seen as the face of IT for all internal customers.
What you’ll do
- Hire, develop and manage multiple direct reports (Team Leads)
- Ensure IT Service Desk is operating effectively and in alignment with department SLAs
- Demonstrate obsession for the customer; Keep a pulse on the business, understand the issues internal customers are facing and push IT teams to respond to these gaps
- Develop and execute the Service Desk strategy while aligning the teams' capabilities to support changing business needs
- Continually assess internal processes and recommend changes which facilitate operational excellence
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study or four (4) years’ experience
- Five (5)years'experience in IT, includingexperiencein Tier 1 Technical Services such as:
- Network Operations Center, Helpdesk, or in Desktop Support
- Three (3) years’ experience managing people or leading project teams
- Strong communication skills; Comfortable presenting at all levels of the organization
- Customer “obsessed” mentality is a must!
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking