Manager, IT Quality Assurance and Collaboration Solutions
Our client, in business for 75 years, is a multi-billion dollar provider of industrial products and inventory control solutions to large and small companies throughout the USA. They are currently seeking a Manager, IT Quality Assurance and Collaboration Solutions will be responsible for overseeing the Software Quality Assurance and the Collaboration Teams, along with the Disaster Recovery, and Change Management processes.
- Responsible for providing direction in the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles, processes, and tools into the design and development of software and IT processes.
- Ensures that processes are in place for applications and systems so that they comply with established quality standards and meeting the business requirements.
- Responsible for all quality control and coordination of all manual and automated testing and certification of applications, systems, and networks. Ensure IT products meet the highest quality standards.
- Champions the application of quality principles in IT processes through training and communication programs.
- Mentors team leads on quality principles and project management processes.
- Set long-term goals, technical direction and vision for the Q Team, including test tracking and automation tools.
- Provide recommendations and consulting on methodologies and approaches to improve overall product quality.
- Analyzes best-in-class processes, establishes customer satisfaction metrics, and understands the interaction and relationship of business operations, applications, operating systems, and networkprocesses.
- Acts as a project leader and a subject matter expert on multiple and complex QA related projects.
- Manage third party partners to ensure delivery of quality products and services. Manages the offshore QA competency. Analyze relationships to identify opportunities for cost savings and leverage.
- Manage long-term vision & execution for non-production environment upgrades and data refreshes.
- Develop and Maintain Change Control Processes.
- Works closely with Internal Audit and Information security to ensure that all compliance items are addressed as part of Change Management processes. Interface with IT Development and IT Operations Support teams to get necessary data to improve change management quality and supportability.
- Set long-term team goals, technical direction and vision for the Collaboration Team.
- Ownership and support of all Collaboration Tools. Analyze tools to identify opportunities to replace / expand.
- Actively participates in cross-functional team/task forces working closely with the user community applying an IT/Business perspective to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Provide Leadership in the designing, configuring, implementing, advocating and supporting IT Collaboration Tool development, deployment and usage.
- Conducts plan reviews, maintains and improves all Disaster Recovery (DR) governance documentation.
- Develops Disaster Recovery (DR) plans, oversees testing, emergency response and recovery and guides the selection of operating strategies for the continuation of the business within a recovery time objective.
- Maintains the DR - Operating Model and assists with the maintenance of Crisis Management plans.
- Coordinates testing and ensures completion of DR test documentation including test plans, playbooks, after action reports, issue logs and DR Plan updates.
- Creates strategic relationships with Information Security, IT Infrastructure and Operations, application teams and third-party service providers for ensuring completeness of DR plans.
- Acts as a central point of contact for Disaster Recovery governance with all related areas for technology.
- Assesses and monitors DR risks through remediation and ensures the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Manage department level budgets and project budgets.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required.
· Minimum 3 years managing IT teams(team of 5-15 perm employees, not contractors only) with at least two years managing Quality Assurance required
· IT experience with large databases, high transaction volumes, E-Commerce, and EDI and XML preferred.
· 5+ years project management experience is required.
· Vendor and Budget Management experiencerequired.
· Strong team building, people management experience and Off-shore team experiencerequired.
· Strong understanding of Quality Assurance and System Testing Processes.
· Strong understanding of Testing Automation technology and techniques.
· Proven ability to influence changes to standards/process/practices.
· Experience managing "up and across" with internal customer base
· Ability to perform well in a cross-functional role. Experience with SAP highly preferred.
· Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
· Experience in multiple software development product lifecycles from conception to delivery.
· Solid hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining application test/scripts, establishing a test and QA infrastructure, and test automation.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
· A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time are required.
$120,000 – $135,000 + Bonus
Excellent benefits include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Retirement