This position will lead internal and external systems development and infrastructure projects through the entire life cycle of a project. This position will additionally work with business stakeholders and project teams to gather, review, analyze, and document business needs and objectives for technology and process solutions. This role will translate business objectives into written functional and technical requirements for the technical team.
- Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify and define systems development projects.
- Define project technical requirements to include architecture.
- Plan and manage development and Infrastructure projects to include project planning and costs estimating.
- Make recommendations to CTO office with regards to projects, vendors and advising on how projects fit into corporate enterprise architecture.
- Manage technology vendor evaluation, relationships through the implementation and post implementation of Projects and Services.
- Ensure corporate technology standards and methodologies are documented and followed.
- Perform systems analysis, write functional and detailed design specifications, oversee work performed by software development vendors, acceptance testing, and implementation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSEducation and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- A minimum of 7 year experience in full-cycle technology solutions.
- 3+ years working for financial services industry. Mutual Fund of Brokerage a plus.
- Five or more years project management experience with emphasis on enterprise systems development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Experience with project management tools and formal project management techniques.
- Experience with structured design methodologies
- Good organizational skills. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to manage, set goals for, and develop staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work through complex problems using past experience and knowledge of customer’s requirements.