The IT Procurement Manager will be responsible for a variety of strategic and operational activities. The Manager will execute sourcing strategies and financial analysis for all IT categories (Telecom, Software, Hardware and Services) of spend. They will serve as the subject matter expert and point person for procurement technology initiatives (i.e. spend vis, contract development and execution, e-sourcing, and procure-to-pay process management). Will create and communicate commodity market data, changes and trends. The Manager will develop processes and technologies to improve the sourcing effectiveness, knowledge database and project visibility for the entire procurement organization.
- Recommends and establishes the IT procurement strategy, processes, and procedures that are consistent with corporate policy, IT project requirements and sound commercial, legal and ethical practices.
- Understanding of eProcurement tools such as, Oracle, Iasta or Ariba.
- Manager will focus on the following areas; KPI management, issue management, cross-functional stakeholder management, total cost negotiations, contract management and supplier development.
- Total cost management with the focus to generate cost savings
- Data management with the focus to help the procurement organization make decisions
- Purchase order management with the focus on contract and process compliance.
- Negotiate with suppliers to improve pricing, product quality, and delivery.
- Ability to write and interrupt Master Agreements and Statement of Work documents
- Provide expertise in processes and systems; lead the development and implementation of enterprise-wide procurement processes and systems including; e-sourcing, purchase orders, procure-to-pay processes.
- Fully manages assigned category, program or project activity.
- Develop, implement and communicate supplier programs, procurement policies and procedures enterprise wide.
- Develop new reports as for the procurement team to effectively manage their Indirect/Non-Merch categories.
- Develop and execute various presentations and reports based on the needs of the business.
Work Experience and Requirements
- 8+ years of IT procurement experience in addition to demonstration of the following skills: experience in
- customer service, negotiations, supplier relationship management, team building, e-procurement, inventory management, project management, contract development and management.
- Previous experience with Oracle and e-procurement suites, a plus.
- Strong PC skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Access would be beneficial.
- Excellent financial skills; knows how to use and interpret metrics such as TCO, NPV and ROI
- Outstanding Analytical skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed, multi-task and prioritize demands
- High energy and works well in teams and leading a team